• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Racist Who Bragged About Running Down Asian Cyclist Gets 10-Year Jail Sentence
ColdOne666 1 month ago#31
The legal system in Australia very soft, we have some of the lowest punishment's in the world.

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI!
streamofthesky 1 month ago#32
Humble_Novice posted...
“Complete lack of remorse”: McAuley allegedly boasted to several people, including friends and family members, about what happened that night a decade ago on Warrego Highway. She also made racial slurs about Chan and said that she had run him over because he was Asian, Wallis alleged.

According to Wallis, McAuley bragged of having reversed “more than once” over Chan’s body. She also allegedly confessed her crime to her boyfriend, Robert William “Billy” Allen, and subsequently blamed him for the incident, The Courier-Mail reported.
This is what "manslaughter" is, apparently.
And it took f***ing a decade, even as she incriminated herself to anyone who would listen!

10 years is not enough for this evil crone. Make it more than that amount please.
5 years. Five f***ing years. She'll get parole in 2026. The justice system is a joke worldwide.
Especially when a white woman is the culprit. They NEVER get the sentences a man and/or minority would receive.
StealThisSheen 1 month ago#33
Tsuyoi3 posted...
Nothing in the op seems to indicate it's because he was asian. Not seeing why it'd be considered a hate crime.

...Did you read the entire OP?

“Complete lack of remorse”: McAuley allegedly boasted to several people, including friends and family members, about what happened that night a decade ago on Warrego Highway. She also made racial slurs about Chan and said that she had run him over because he was Asian, Wallis alleged.
Seplito Nash, Smelling Like the Vault since 1996
Step FOUR! Get Paid!
Tsuyoi3 1 month ago#34
StealThisSheen posted...
...Did you read the entire OP?
Holy crap I missed the heck out of that!
My bad! Wow.
In that case, not only should it be a hate crime, that sounds like she admitted to doing it deliberately, rather than losing control like the verdict seems to reach.
Course she also lied about running him over multiple times(?)
I don't know, but she was definitely racist too, so the hate crime thing would fit.

Again, my bad.
Manliness transcends both space, and time.
SubtletyRefuge 1 month ago#35
abyss posted...
There are, though I don't think it works quite the same as the U.S.

I'm genuinely curious how her admitting that one of her motivations was because of his race and having used racial slurs doesn't constitute hate crime here. But I'd also not sure how this isn't murder. 2nd degree at the very least.
Real subtle
There are no female cereal mascots. Makes you think
zebatov 1 month ago#36
I just read that it rarely gets below 9° in Brisbane overnight. Crazy that he caught anything in that. And he escalated it by flipping her off. Sucks that he died, but everyone involved made a decision.

Carljank posted...
How the f*** is that only 10 years????

I f***ing hate this world so f***ing much.

Lefty country with “progressive” sentencing. Canada is the same way. Be careful what you wish for.

KenshiroX posted...
Imagine if it had happened in America.

That one dude got 160 years in jail for jacking some vehicles and running from police, hitting one.

https://www.denverpost.com/2015/10/30/ryan-stone-sentenced-to-160-years-in-prison-for-high-speed-chase/amp/
If the truth is bothersome, then change what's true.
Fenriswolf 1 month ago#37
zebatov posted...
And he escalated it by flipping her off. Sucks that he died, but everyone involved made a decision.

Nice victim blaming. Do you just expect him to cower and hide in front of a racist?
Hello
Shablagoo 1 month ago#38
You would think the fact that she left him there to die would eliminate the possibility of getting a charge as lenient as manslaughter.
"if i was a woman i would mail kyle rittenhouse my panties." ~ledbowman
"Out of those two? Racist for me... easily." ~Vicious_Dios
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Racist Who Bragged About Running Down Asian Cyclist Gets 10-Year Jail Sentence
  • Topic Archived