• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should Voting be Compulsory?
DrAgOn121 1 month ago#1
Just a topic I came across from a test made in 2004 discussing how Australia was making adults vote.

Personally I think there's a lot more pro's than cons
No Guifakists!
(message deleted)
Covenant 1 month ago#3
It would likely be an improvement over what's going on now.
Sczoyd 1 month ago#4
I don't know, my fear is that the people who normally don't bother to vote are probably even less informed on the issues that the average conservative is.

"No merkins? Fie on thee." - zhukov1943
WoT
TonyKojima 1 month ago#5
WoodenRook posted...
No, you'd have to force people to learn about what they are voting on too and that's not going to happen.
There would likely be a no one option.
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
Divine Tonberry 1 month ago#6
No, the more people vote, the less informed the voting populace will be. Of they don't want to vote, it's usually because they don't know what's going on. That's fine.
You should aspire to live forever or die in the attempt.
Scorpion122178 1 month ago#7
That would be far worse for Dems than for Repubs.
"Why should I harbor hatred towards someone who is obviously inferior to myself?
All I feel is pity."
Sub Tank 1 month ago#8
Maybe if politicians didn't exist, and you were just electing someone to perform a civil duty, who didn't necessarily want the position. But it's kind of weird to force people to vote if they don't care for the outcome. Not voting is also a choice, as disappointing as it may sound.
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
Romaji 1 month ago#9
It should be as easy as it possibly can be for anyone and everyone who wants to vote, but not mandatory.
Generic Signature
speedpunk 1 month ago#10
Covenant posted...
It would likely be an improvement over what's going on now.
This. Voting would likely be made more convenient. Additionally, it can still be compulsory without forcing people to choose a candidate. The option to Abstain should always be an option. In this case, it would be an option next to the running candidates. Or just put "Abstain All" at the top of the ballot for those who don't wanna pick any of the running candidates, and they still get to voice the opinion "nah, these all suck" through their vote.
Currently playing: Shining Pearl, Wordle
Currently watching: Succession, Better Call Saul
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should Voting be Compulsory?
  • Topic Archived