• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Jobless Claims Plunge to 199K, Lowest Level Since 1969
GranolaPanic 2 months ago#21
Thank you, Brandon.
Please get vaccinated.
AndreLeGeant 2 months ago#22
gogues posted...
Given how low unemployment has gone I’d think it more likely that most people who hadn’t gotten a new job have exited the workforce.
Low unemployment is a factor but these numbers are historically low because those that are unemployed likely don't qualify
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle
darealest47 2 months ago#23
nO bOdY wAnTz To WoRk!
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
willythemailboy 2 months ago#24
Porunga posted...
This doesn’t necessarily mean that they are back to work, only that fewer people are claiming unemployment. After the extended unemployment ended, you don’t qualify for a new unemployment claim without going back to work for a time. It’s entirely possible that these people are still out of work and can’t file a new claim, making the numbers go down.
New claims are exactly that: new. You only appear in that number the first week you file, which is why they're called initial claims in the quote in the OP.

Asherlee10 posted...
Is this another confirmation that the worker shortage is simply about people not wanting to work awful jobs for awful pay? And instead they are finding better jobs with better pay?
The opposite. It's confirmation that people who are unemployed are finding jobs much easier than is usual due to there being more open jobs than there are people looking for work - i.e. a worker shortage.
There are four lights.
Kim Kusanagi 2 months ago#25
Let's go Brandon @ResidentGear31
Live to train. Train to fight. Fight to live.
Take me away, I don't mind, but you better promise I'll be back in time!
AndreLeGeant 2 months ago#26
willythemailboy posted...
New claims are exactly that: new. You only appear in that number the first week you file, which is why they're called initial claims in the quote in the OP.
But if you don't requalify, you can't file a new claim. So if you got UI, got a job, but didn't work long enough to requalify, you get no UI. And if you're still out of work obviously you didn't have a job to lose
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle
BGleason22 2 months ago#27
We fixed it!
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Jobless Claims Plunge to 199K, Lowest Level Since 1969
  • Topic Archived