• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Four Black girls charged in anti-Asian subway train attack in Philadelphia
InfernalFive 1 month ago#31
BrightFart posted...
What makes you think they were provoked?

And some don't need to shoot up a massage parlor to be a criminal. Look at the guy who plowed through a parade.
Why even respond to an obvious s***post?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ggCrHk8.jpg
Shadilay 1 month ago#32
Requiem posted...
Good luck getting a conviction.

pnut027 posted...

They're Black. They'll be convicted.

In a Dem district? The victims will be lucky if the DA actually files hate crime charges on the perpetrators.
SierraDawn 1 month ago#33
Ether_Strike posted...
white supremacy did this
Black people attack Asian people? White people to blame! I'm not sure if this is more or less dumb than claiming that women were most affected by war because their husbands and sons got killed and injured.
Please don't be creepy...
KoolAssAssassin 1 month ago#34
Why are people just acting like the girls were randomly attacking Asian people. The article in the OP clearly states that the conflict was continuing from something prior. The black girls were accusing the boys of jumping one of them earlier, so this wasn't just some random anti-Asian violence.

The black girls attacking the Asian girl that was trying to be a peace maker is savage and disgusting for sure. That's what happens sometimes when you put yourselves in the middle of a charged situation though. You better not do that unless you have a relationship with the people involved or are able to handle things if they turn on you.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm
KoolAssAssassin 1 month ago#35
SierraDawn posted...
Black people attack Asian people? White people to blame! I'm not sure if this is more or less dumb than claiming that women were most affected by war because their husbands and sons got killed and injured.

I don't really think it applies to this case since this seems to just be some beef between to groups of different races rather than something inherently race based. However, however some of the tensions between black and white communities are due to white supremacy. Saying "White people are to blame!" is being reductive. Nobody is claiming that the average white person is running around making Asian and Black people fight. People just point out that pitting two marginalized groups against each other is a tactic that is often used to keep power with the majority group. It's the reason the whole "Model Minority" stereotype exists for Asians, and some white people (the ones in power) have been using it for decades as a way to combat civil rights efforts.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm
SierraDawn 1 month ago#36
KoolAssAssassin posted...
I don't really think it applies to this case since this seems to just be some beef between to groups of different races rather than something inherently race based. However, however some of the tensions between black and white communities are due to white supremacy. Saying "White people are to blame!" is being reductive. Nobody is claiming that the average white person is running around making Asian and Black people fight. People just point out that pitting two marginalized groups against each other is a tactic that is often used to keep power with the majority group. It's the reason the whole "Model Minority" stereotype exists for Asians, and some white people (the ones in power) have been using it for decades as a way to combat civil rights efforts.
Oh, and who is this mysterious "they" that are behind this sinister plot?
Please don't be creepy...
RCP3_04 1 month ago#37
SierraDawn posted...
Oh, and who is this mysterious "they" that are behind this sinister plot?
Look in a mirror, "they" look like you
Zikten 1 month ago#38
I remember this video. They were brutal to that girl. I'm mad the boys she was sticking up for didn't jump in and attack when the girl got beat.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Four Black girls charged in anti-Asian subway train attack in Philadelphia
  • Topic Archived