This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. How do you feel regarding the U.S Constitution?.

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
1 month ago#1
Do you think at the time it was drawn up things should've been added, taken away or otherwise changed? Do you believe in the concept that men have Inalienable rights?
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: 1NfamousACE_2

1NfamousACE_2
1 month ago#2
Just men? Why not women?
Brady will never receive a HOF vote. He has been blackballed for cheating. - DeadCellReborn

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
1 month ago#3
My favorite part is how right wingers claim it's their most favoritest document of all time ever but don't know what the f*** is in it and continually try to rip out stuff that is.
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

User Info: bobbycorwin

bobbycorwin
1 month ago#4
Same way I feel about the Bible. Something written a long time ago by flawed men, but held up as some infallible document as though written by God himself.

I mean, it's already been amended 27 times, but somehow it's still 'infallible'.
People are lazy. With television you just sit-watch-listen. The thinking is done for you.
A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News - Roger Ailes, Fox News founder

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
1 month ago#5
I mean, they wrote it to still allow slavery while it was written, and, y'know, we've got all kinds of amendments and changes, so... yeah, there was definitely stuff that should have been done differently back then, and a good amount that really desperately needs to be done differently today that they couldn't have possibly planned for because the world now would be utterly unimaginable to 1780s people. The problem is that we treat the Constitution as essentially the world's highest canon, the word of God, and any significant reworks would be viewed by whichever party isn't in power making the changes as an all-out assault on the nation (and if it were the GOP making the changes, that would be true).

User Info: KittyBillionair

KittyBillionair
1 month ago#6
Very outdated and obsolete in some areas.

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
1 month ago#7
bobbycorwin posted...
Same way I feel about the Bible. Something written a long time ago by flawed men, but held up as some infallible document as though written by God himself.

I mean, it's already been amended 27 times, but somehow it's still 'infallible'.
To be fair, the Bible is even more ridiculous because it's been translated through so many languages and dialects and we have direct f***in' evidence of rulers and leaders changing parts of it to suit what they want to the point that whatever the original document was it's surely not something anyone that swears by the modern Bible would recognize in any way.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
1 month ago#8
It's outdated in that it relied on gentlemen's agreements and assumed politicians would act in good faith

User Info: Lord_Diablo13

Lord_Diablo13
1 month ago#9
Extremely outdated in terms of the rights of the American People. Plus it didn't hold politicians accountable for their actions, nor did it place proper limits on em.
We may have lost the battle for Net Neutrality, but we haven't lost the war.
Go to https://www.battleforthenet.com/ for more information.

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
1 month ago#10
Needs an amendment to prevent politicians from being bought by the rich
"No merkins? Fie on thee." - zhukov1943
WoT
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. How do you feel regarding the U.S Constitution?.
  • Topic Archived