• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Biden says US will defend Taiwan if China attacks
Heckin_Good_Boi 2 months ago#51
feudel posted...
Read more about China…..
I know quite a bit about China. They could easily take Taiwan without firing a single shot with enough time. Control the money control the world. That's China's long term plan, control the global economy. The scary thing is they are making head way on it and no one seems to be doing anything about it. On pace to overtake the US in what a few generations?
Anybody wanna peanut?
Avirosb 2 months ago#52
TonyKojima posted...
Says the CCP shill lol. Nobody takes you seriously not even on the PC board.
US aggression is widely unpopular for some reason.
sorryantivaxxer dot com
Hyena 20 2 months ago#53
hereforemnant posted...

Yeah jesus christ that was a bad take, war with China is not happening, destroying the global economy & f***ing things up with our biggest trade partner stands to benefit no one. There's no reason to do it whatsoever.

China doesn't have anything to gain from it, either. Not the least of which is that a war between China and Taiwan would throw a wrench into intersea commerce in the area.
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]
darkknight109 2 months ago#54
CCP shills crying hard in this topic.

I figured this news would probably rattle some cages.
Kill 1 man: You are a murderer. Kill 10 men: You are a monster.
Kill 100 men: You are a hero. Kill 10,000 men, you are a conqueror!
Avirosb 2 months ago#55
darkknight109 posted...

You mean the type of cage the Uyghurs get or the ones along the US border?
sorryantivaxxer dot com
darkknight109 2 months ago#56
Scorpion122178 posted...
We should potentially start a nuclear war with a country we economically depend on over a country our government doesn't even officially recognize in a region of the world that we have no historical connection to.

Oh gee i'm so confused as to how Americans were "tricked" into invading Iraq.
Cute, except:
a) America has pledged to come to Taiwan's defence, not attack China. They would not be the aggressor in the situation Biden laid out.
b) Taiwan is very much a critical part of the US supply chain. Ever heard of semiconductors? The Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is the world's largest semiconductor manufacturer and is probably one of the most important companies you've never heard of. Taiwan is a major supply-chain choke point at the moment, because no one else has their capacity to manufacture high-end semiconductors, which would impact the production of everything from smart phones to military tech to computers to cars. The US absolutely has reason to protect Taiwan from Chinese aggression and there is little doubt in my mind they would do so in the (admittedly extremely unlikely) event China decides to invade.
ai123 2 months ago#57
darkknight109 posted...

How do you think they will respond to the clarification?

A White House spokesperson later appeared to walk back Mr Biden's comments, telling US media outlets that the US was "not announcing any change in our policy and there is no change in our policy".
'the ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently' ~ David Graeber
darkknight109 2 months ago#58
Avirosb posted...
US aggression is widely unpopular for some reason.
Coming to the defence of a sovereign country under attack is not aggression.

Avirosb posted...
You mean the type of cage the Uyghurs get or the ones along the US border?
Either.

Sorry, was this meant to be a "gotcha" of some sort?

ai123 posted...
How do you think they will respond to the clarification?
They didn't countermand what Biden said and he was pretty clear about it.

It's political doublespeak to warn China that the US isn't going to roll over in the event they make the (phenomenally stupid and therefore unlikely) step of military action against Taiwan. The US's current policy is "ambiguity", in which they don't officially say they're going to take military action, which is mostly just to avoid riling up China and embarrassing them, but Biden's comments don't leave much room for doubt.
Heckin_Good_Boi 2 months ago#59
darkknight109 posted...

Is this really news though? The US would always jump at the chance to throw its military at something it's good for business. The only issue is that China has no desire to invade Taiwan. Taiwan even recently stated the chances of a military conflict with China to be "very unlikely".

This "news" story is basically just more American drum beating. They are desperate because their overbloated military currently has no war to be in.
Anybody wanna peanut?
Avirosb 2 months ago#60
darkknight109 posted...
Coming to the defence of a sovereign country under attack is not aggression.

Either.

My gotcha was the US' long history of violently transgressing on sovereign countries.
sorryantivaxxer dot com
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Biden says US will defend Taiwan if China attacks
  • Topic Archived