This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Biden says US will defend Taiwan if China attacks

User Info: d_parker

d_parker
1 month ago#1
At a CNN town hall event, a participant referred to recent reports that China had tested a hypersonic missile. He asked Mr Biden if he could "vow to protect Taiwan", and what he would do to keep up with China's military development.

Mr Biden responded: "Yes and yes." He added there was no need to "worry about whether they're going to be more powerful", because "China, Russia and the rest of the world knows we're the most powerful military in the history of the world".

He was then queried a second time by CNN anchor Anderson Cooper if the US would come to Taiwan's defence in the event of an attack by China. Mr Biden replied: "Yes, we have a commitment to do that."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-59005300

Sound like bad news for the CCP fans on this site.

User Info: Samurai_Shinjo

Samurai_Shinjo
1 month ago#2
Regardless, there won't be any war over Taiwan lol. Neither country would want it - both have too much to lose. I think a lot of y'all here are clueless and out of touch.

User Info: Anarchy_Juiblex

Anarchy_Juiblex
1 month ago#3
As we should.
Appeasement doesn't work, will never work, and only guarantees the worst.

If China chooses war, that's solely on them. Our commitment to defense of the free world isn't the choice for war.

User Info: Music_Rock_Cat

Music_Rock_Cat
1 month ago#4
He'll just pull the troops out and leave China with like a few billion dollars in weapons leaving China to take over Taiwan
badwinkles posted...
You and that dam Sega Saturn

User Info: Real_Account

Real_Account
1 month ago#5
Biden is being cucked by GOP right now and doesn't have the gut to do s***. Once Taiwan is reunified, the only "action" the US can take is their internet troll whining and crying lmao...

User Info: Scorpion122178

Scorpion122178
1 month ago#6
Anarchy_Juiblex posted...
As we should.
We should potentially start a nuclear war with a country we economically depend on over a country our government doesn't even officially recognize in a region of the world that we have no historical connection to.

Oh gee i'm so confused as to how Americans were "tricked" into invading Iraq.
"Why should I harbor hatred towards someone who is obviously inferior to myself?
All I feel is pity."

User Info: Avirosb

Avirosb
1 month ago#7
Anarchy_Juiblex posted...
Our commitment to defense of the free world

Oh boy here we go again
sorryantivaxxer dot com

User Info: CoyoteTheGreat

CoyoteTheGreat
1 month ago#8
Scorpion122178 posted...
We should potentially start a nuclear war with a country we economically depend on over a country our government doesn't even officially recognize in a region of the world that we have no historical connection to.

They all have war boners, and refuse to recognize that not every scenario is Germany Occupying the Sudetenland. What can you do?

Eventually we'll get the nuclear war they want, and then we won't have to worry about neo-cons anymore. Or anything really.
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata..

User Info: hereforemnant

hereforemnant
1 month ago#9
Scorpion122178 posted...

Yeah jesus christ that was a bad take, war with China is not happening, destroying the global economy & f***ing things up with our biggest trade partner stands to benefit no one. There's no reason to do it whatsoever
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 month ago#10
Shall we read the paragraph immediately following those quoted by the TC?

A White House spokesperson later appeared to walk back Mr Biden's comments, telling US media outlets that the US was "not announcing any change in our policy and there is no change in our policy".
'the ultimate, hidden truth of the world is that it is something that we make, and could just as easily make differently' ~ David Graeber
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Biden says US will defend Taiwan if China attacks
  • Topic Archived