This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you believe in the existence of an Illuminati?
Cyrone 1 month ago#1
...and if so, who do you think they have ties with? - Results (99 votes)
Yes, and they are affiliated with the Deep State (CIA, FBI, NSA)
21.21% (21 votes)
Yes, and they are affiliated with the private sector (banks, corporations)
24.24% (24 votes)
Yes, and they have a religious affiliation
5.05% (5 votes)
No, all events on the world stage occur naturally
49.49% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
"proper noun Any of various societies, sects or other people claiming religious or intellectual enlightenment
proper noun An alleged global, elite, secret society which has as its ultimate objective the subjugation of humanity (world domination or New World Order)"

---

Curious about the perspective of this board.
Currently Reading: Man Who Mistook Wife for a Hat (1985)
"Welcome to GameFAQs - where posting statistics will get you banned!"
MaxEffingBemis 1 month ago#2
I don’t believe in anything
She took pity on me, horizontally, but most likely because of my band
Rob_the_Ninja 1 month ago#3
The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?
ranagrande 1 month ago#4
All of the above, probably. There's more than enough crossover between the deep state and the private sector that anything affiliated with one is affiliated with both.
TheFuzz3451 1 month ago#5
Of course I do considering I'm in charge of them
Yes we're being condescending
Yes that means we're talking down to you
NewDarkAges 1 month ago#6
I don't believe in an organisation called the Illuminati.
I do believe in wealthy individuals and groups conspiring to control government, media, Congress and senate. It's not a tin foil hat conspiracy. We can see it happen in plain sight with the GOP and corrupt "centrist" democrats
There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect - Frank Wilhoit on conservatism
Rexdragon125 1 month ago#7
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/08/09/the-big-money-behind-the-big-lie?currentPage=all

Although the Arizona audit may appear to be the product of local extremists, it has been fed by sophisticated, well-funded national organizations whose boards of directors include some of the country’s wealthiest and highest-profile conservatives. Dark-money organizations, sustained by undisclosed donors, have relentlessly promoted the myth that American elections are rife with fraud, and, according to leaked records of their internal deliberations, they have drafted, supported, and in some cases taken credit for state laws that make it harder to vote.
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democrat from Rhode Island who has tracked the flow of dark money in American politics, told me that a “flotilla of front groups” once focussed on advancing such conservative causes as capturing the courts and opposing abortion have now “more or less shifted to work on the voter-suppression thing.” These groups have cast their campaigns as high-minded attempts to maintain “election integrity,” but Whitehouse believes that they are in fact tampering with the guardrails of democracy.
One of the movement’s leaders is the Heritage Foundation, the prominent conservative think tank in Washington, D.C. It has been working with the American Legislative Exchange Council (alec)—a corporate-funded nonprofit that generates model laws for state legislators—on ways to impose new voting restrictions. Among those deep in the fight is Leonard Leo, a chairman of the Federalist Society, the legal organization known for its decades-long campaign to fill the courts with conservative judges. In February, 2020, the Judicial Education Project, a group tied to Leo, quietly rebranded itself as the Honest Elections Project, which subsequently filed briefs at the Supreme Court, and in numerous states, opposing mail-in ballots and other reforms that have made it easier for people to vote.
Another newcomer to the cause is the Election Integrity Project California. And a group called FreedomWorks, which once concentrated on opposing government regulation, is now demanding expanded government regulation of voters, with a project called the National Election Protection Initiative.
These disparate nonprofits have one thing in common: they have all received funding from the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation. Based in Milwaukee, the private, tax-exempt organization has become an extraordinary force in persuading mainstream Republicans to support radical challenges to election rules—a tactic once relegated to the far right. With an endowment of some eight hundred and fifty million dollars, the foundation funds a network of groups that have been stoking fear about election fraud, in some cases for years. Public records show that, since 2012, the foundation has spent some eighteen million dollars supporting eleven conservative groups involved in election issues.

hereforemnant 1 month ago#8
NewDarkAges posted...
I don't believe in an organisation called the Illuminati.
I do believe in wealthy individuals and groups conspiring to control government, media, Congress and senate. It's not a tin foil hat conspiracy. We can see it happen in plain sight with the GOP and corrupt "centrist" democrats
I miss when people just called it the illuminati, because then you could laugh and walk away because they weren't able to articulate their points well enough to actually break it down into specific groups like you do.
Now everyone just says dEeP StAtE & jazz hands & everyone cowers in fear before getting enraged about it.
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150
Heineken14 1 month ago#9
Where is the Deep State™ Lizard Aliens option?!?!
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
Wandering__Hero 1 month ago#10
I believe in a clique of rich a******s propping each other up and doing favours for each other, but that's basically it
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you believe in the existence of an Illuminati?
  • Topic Archived