This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Federalist Writer Wants More People to Die From COVID

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#1
https://archive.ph/yXutm

I knew they were anti-vaccine, but this is simply beyond the pale. I cannot believe they tried to post this rubbish to their site.

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
1 month ago#2
I think you're deliberately misinterpreting her argument, but I have no interest in promoting it.

"God decides when we die, not COVID."

I think it's slightly more likely that the ghost of the Flying Spa-spa-spa Man racing through the 12 houses of the Zodiac decides when we die. God surely has better things to do than micromanage free will in such a way that he decides when each person dies.
So much of the tragedy in human history can be explained by man's attempts to kill Cain.

User Info: TonyKojima

TonyKojima
1 month ago#3
atmasabr posted...
I think you're deliberately misinterpreting her argument, but I have no interest in promoting it.

I think it's slightly more likely that the ghost of the Flying Spa-spa-spa Man racing through the 12 houses of the Zodiac decides when we die. God surely has better things to do than micromanage free will in such a way that he decides when each person dies.
Stop defending this, its sick.
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima

User Info: Orange Clockwork

Orange Clockwork
1 month ago#4
For Christians, Dying From COVID (Or Anything Else) Is A Good Thing

Dying is a good thing to Christians, so therefore Christianity is a literal death cult?
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: battourye

battourye
1 month ago#5
Don't act like the Eastern church is diametrically different than the Western church, goodness gracious! Mask mandates and even church closures are not a new thing, the very concept of quarantine was based on Lent after all. What a denial of Free Will to act as if God already had our paths set in stone, we still have our faculties and prudential judgments of our own we can make. To die is gain, because death was trampled down by death but its weird to just go full in on a death cult when the material world is also of value, if only because the longer we live then the more charity we can contribute.
Fools think there are good and bad guys in intl. relations.-Terran
Currently Listening To: Ondore's Lies

User Info: widnow

widnow
1 month ago#6
atmasabr posted...

Does that mean God decided that certain babies should die via abortions?

User Info: Orange Clockwork

Orange Clockwork
1 month ago#7
God gave the world infectious disease experts, scientists, and doctors, so don't put these pointless deaths on him.
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: bobbycorwin

bobbycorwin
1 month ago#8
Ah yes, this is where the rich upper class tell the poors to die for them and they will get a palace in Heaven.

And people say Christianity isn't a cult.
People are lazy. With television you just sit-watch-listen. The thinking is done for you.
A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News - Roger Ailes, Fox News founder

User Info: Rob_the_Ninja

Rob_the_Ninja
1 month ago#9
Saying the quiet part out loud.

User Info: bobbycorwin

bobbycorwin
1 month ago#10
Orange Clockwork posted...
Dying is a good thing to Christians, so therefore Christianity is a literal death cult?

To be specific, evangelical fundamentalism is a literal death cult.

Just ask any of them how eager they are to die for Jesus.
People are lazy. With television you just sit-watch-listen. The thinking is done for you.
A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News - Roger Ailes, Fox News founder
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Federalist Writer Wants More People to Die From COVID
  • Topic Archived