This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Why Would People Be Against Free Medical School?

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#1
Do you agree that medical school should be free? - Results (128 votes)
Yes
60.94% (78 votes)
No
39.06% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Given the amount of doctors and nurses needed in America, wouldn't it make more sense to make medical school free so we can get more trained professionals in the health industry? What is keeping the government from subsidizing medical universities to support students who want to take care of others?

User Info: lleck

lleck
1 month ago#2
So that they can become another useless plastic surgeon on the taxpayer dime? If there was some type of service requirement for X number of years in areas where they are needed I would have no problem with subsiding their schooling.

User Info: Super-Cooler

Super-Cooler
1 month ago#3
It should be free after what happened last year.

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
1 month ago#4
All public schools should be free and very well funded as well.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
1 month ago#5
Humble_Novice posted...
Given the amount of doctors and nurses needed in America, wouldn't it make more sense to make medical school free so we can get more trained professionals in the health industry? What is keeping the government from subsidizing medical universities to support students who want to take care of others?

No. People should pay something into it. Otherwise it will just attract leeches.
So much of the tragedy in human history can be explained by man's attempts to kill Cain.

User Info: lydiaquayle

lydiaquayle
1 month ago#6
atmasabr posted...
No. People should pay something into it. Otherwise it will just attract leeches.
Leeches typically don't work their asses off and get good enough grades to get into a quality medical school.
[Feminist][CisGender][Straight Supporter][Non-Binary]
I'm not Ashamed to Dress 'like a Woman' because I don't think it's Shameful to be a Woman. ~Iggy Pop~

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
1 month ago#7
Why would people be against free vaccines?
"While you were wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I was systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!" -The Monarch

User Info: SierraDawn

SierraDawn
1 month ago#8
Any state funded school should be free. The only barrier to entry should be academic success, and the only fees should be room/board.
Please don't be creepy...

User Info: Maninstagnate

Maninstagnate
1 month ago#9
Enclave posted...
All public schools should be free and very well funded as well.
This is why people are against it TC. "Give a inch and they'll take a mile" is true.

User Info: streamofthesky

streamofthesky
1 month ago#10
lleck posted...
So that they can become another useless plastic surgeon on the taxpayer dime? If there was some type of service requirement for X number of years in areas where they are needed I would have no problem with subsiding their schooling.
Voted No b/c there's people who get the degree but leave the field so the taxpayer investment ends up being wasted, but this would be an acceptable compromise.

Especially the lower paid but needed fields like general practitioner.
If it was like... a 20 year service agreement to work in the field, and if you leave it or leave to work in another country before that time is up, you're on the hook for a prorated amount of the student debt remaining (like if you left after 10 years, you'd owe half of it...with interest), that'd work for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Why Would People Be Against Free Medical School?
  • Topic Archived