This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Anti-Vaxxers Don't Care If Their Claims End Up Causing Unnecessary Deaths

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#1
https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vax-doctor-whos-one-071002288.html

A physician spreading conspiracies theories and unsubstantiated medical claims about COVID-19 said, "If I'm wrong, so be it," during an interview with CNN on Tuesday.

Dr. Rashid Buttar is a member of the "Disinformation Dozen," a group of anti-vaxxers responsible for almost two-thirds of COVID-19 misinformation, according to a 2021 report by the nonprofit Center for Countering Digital Hate. During an interview with CNN'S Drew Griffin, he repeated countless unfounded claims about COVID-19 vaccines.

Without any evidence, Buttar, who is licensed to practice in North Carolina, falsely said the COVID-19 vaccine killed more people than COVID-19 and is a means for mass genocide. He's been using his Twitter, Telegram, and website to urge people not to get vaccinated.

Griffin told Buttar - who at one point had 1.2 million followers before many of his social media accounts were suspended for spreading disinformation - that he had an "outsized influence" on people in terms of medical advice, to which Buttar agreed.

Buttar said he was "more than confident" in his ability to "look at the data." He did not specify to which data he was referring.

"If I'm wrong so be it, because I have to look at myself in the mirror every night when I go to bed and every morning when I get up, and I don't lose any sleep," Buttar said.
Sociopaths, the lot of them.

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
1 month ago#2
Doesn't lose any sleep over his words killing people... Sociopath seems like a good label.

User Info: GranolaPanic

GranolaPanic
1 month ago#3
He should have his medical license revoked. How do you get into the healthcare field and believe this nonsense?
Persona Without The Heart V.

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#4
Bump.

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
1 month ago#5
Anti vaxxers are literally evil. They're Captain Planet villains whose mission statement is to pollute as much as possible for no other reason than it causes damage, pain, and suffering.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: _Falstaff

_Falstaff
1 month ago#6
GranolaPanic posted...
He should have his medical license revoked. How do you get into the healthcare field and believe this nonsense?
I would probably look into his finances. Then you'll know why he's spreading lies.
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.

User Info: Notti

Notti
4 weeks ago#7
mario2000 posted...
Anti vaxxers are literally evil. They're Captain Planet villains whose mission statement is to pollute as much as possible for no other reason than it causes damage, pain, and suffering.

Their religion is that of a 9 year old's version of "freedom". And they power it with adult zealotry.

User Info: Wandering__Hero

Wandering__Hero
4 weeks ago#8
You didn't figure this out sooner?
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
4 weeks ago#9
Humble_Novice posted...
Dr. Rashid Buttar
For one second when glancing I read this as "Dr Bashir" and then was immensely disappointed when reality kicked in
^ Hey now that's completely unfair!
https://imgur.com/yPw05Ob

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
4 weeks ago#10
Anti-vaxxers don't care period. About anything. Least of all killing others, or science...
she/her
^.^
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Anti-Vaxxers Don't Care If Their Claims End Up Causing Unnecessary Deaths
  • Topic Archived