This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you think conservatives would vote for a gay or trans Republican?
Icewitch 1 month ago#1
LGBT Republican? - Results (52 votes)
Yes
25% (13 votes)
No
67.31% (35 votes)
Other (explain)
7.69% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
While most of us recognize that a conservative LGBT person would largely be acting against their own self interest, it begs the question -- assuming a candidate lined up entirely on policy with what a Republican wanted to vote for -- but also was gay or trans (or both), would they be willing to accept that?
she/her
^.^
Background_Guy 1 month ago#2
The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Jenner who got 1% of the votes
Giacomo_Hawkins 1 month ago#3
Depends on the position. For congress, I'm pretty sure there are many states that would feasibly support a candidate who was both Republican and LGB. Maybe not so much T.

On a national level, for president, not for 20 years at least.
Will the little voice in the back of my mind screaming "This is a bad idea" please yield the floor. --Mikey
Chivalry be hanged, and so will you.
Shablagoo 1 month ago#4
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/09/caitlyn-jenner-says-gop-leaders-embarrassed-seen-public-met-private/

Probably not.
"if i was a woman i would mail kyle rittenhouse my panties." ~ledbowman
"Out of those two? Racist for me... easily." ~Vicious_Dios
BadDecisions 1 month ago#5
In a primary, no.
Against a Democrat, probably, but the overall turnout would be way down.

mad_hax_man 1 month ago#6
Giacomo_Hawkins posted...
Depends on the position. For congress, I'm pretty sure there are many states that would feasibly support a candidate who was both Republican and LGB. Maybe not so much T.

On a national level, for president, not for 20 years at least.

The only thing I would add to this is I would be much stronger with regards to the possibility of a Trans representatives, and that is just a flat out no. Trans issues are still one of the biggest grounds for their culture war, even in for Republicans in more liberal states
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
Carljank 1 month ago#7
They've voted for tons of gay republicans.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2
Giacomo_Hawkins 1 month ago#8
mad_hax_man posted...
The only thing I would add to this is I would be much stronger with regards to the possibility of a Trans representatives, and that is just a flat out no. Trans issues are still one of the biggest grounds for their culture war, even in for Republicans in more liberal states

I am perhaps overly optimistic on that point.
Will the little voice in the back of my mind screaming "This is a bad idea" please yield the floor. --Mikey
Chivalry be hanged, and so will you.
Leviathan412 1 month ago#9
If they somehow made it to the general election, sure.
Omega 1 month ago#10
Only closeted gays. Being openly gay isn't okay unless they're really, really good at grifting the left.
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you think conservatives would vote for a gay or trans Republican?
  • Topic Archived