This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I need to VENT. Covid related.
drclaeys 1 month ago#21

Friends,

Sometimes it helps to vent. Thats ok.

You can not control others. you can not even control yourself 100% of the time.

The only thing you can control, or try to is your REACTION to the actions of others.

Research the virus, become an expert. know about what to touch, and what NOT to touch.

I remember going to Aldi, buying to gallons of milk.. Well I was carrying to much. so i set my milk down on the floor in the check out lane, I should have got a HINT when everyone in line looked at me. Well I came home put those milks right in the fridge, with out washing them.

I tole my wife like 3 weeks later and she had a COW!!!! jajajajaj...

But just be careful... stay way from people. and dont touch stuff, including your OWN face.

OH, best of luck to you.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Riden with Biden, Vote Democrat, everyday, every year, every election. Help repair the USA.
Icewitch 1 month ago#22
drclaeys posted...

I remember going to Aldi, buying to gallons of milk.. Well I was carrying to much. so i set my milk down on the floor in the check out lane, I should have got a HINT when everyone in line looked at me. Well I came home put those milks right in the fridge, with out washing them.

Uh, do you wash everything you buy? That seems extreme.

I guarantee whatever dock workers and unloaders at the store probably handled them or put all your stuff on the floor at some point too.
she/her
^.^
ResidentGear31 1 month ago#23
str8Knowledge posted...
summary?

Summary is he and sister are vaccinated but he thinks the kids who cant get vaccinated gave him and his sister covid. Now theyre sick even though he doesnt know if its covid.
ResidentGear31 1 month ago#24
jdc6305 posted...
Every family member close to me has been vaxed even the republican ones.

My cousin lives with me and he quit his job when this all started. His unemployment ran out in Sept. I'm buying is food and he's not going back to work until spring at the earliest.

I've been smoking for 30 years. I have asthma and I have scars on my lungs from a case of pneumonia I had when I was 27. I quit smoking when covid started but my lungs are still trashed. I'm 45 now and I worry about catching this.

I hope you end up ok but you cant easily erase 30 years of mistakes.
Destroyer53 1 month ago#25
I'm sorry that your sister got as bad as she did, and I hope things with her get better soon.

1337toothbrush posted... By the way, why are schools reopening?

I have no idea. It doesn't make any sense to me especially considering that a good portion of elementary school kids are to young for the vaccine.
ScottMcDohl 1 month ago#26
Destroyer53 posted...
I'm sorry that your sister got as bad as she did, and I hope things with her get better soon.

I have no idea. It doesn't make any sense to me especially considering that a good portion of elementary school kids are to young for the vaccine.

First and foremost - Hope TCs sister pulls through. Keep those kids distracted and loved.

As far as schools being open - It's a super delicate balance I think. The reality is that (at least around here) education slipped drastically last year. All statistical measures proved this.

So if the number of cases in school is low (right now we've had one case in my sons school) and the impact on kids is really low, you have to balance those two realities.

There is also the reality that schools are a daycare for some parents, which is a s*** reason to keep a school open but an excuse I think is readily used.
Angelblade 1 month ago#27
A long as younger school aged kids can’t get vaccinated, it’ll be a problem.

FDA has to get off their asses and get that s*** approved.

Also are you sure it’s COVID this time around?
It is indeed flu season.
Faye Wong
-No Regrets-
-Kicksave- 1 month ago#28
Angelblade posted...

Also are you sure it’s COVID this time around?
It is indeed flu season.

Is flu even a thing this year? My pharmacist was saying incidents of flu were minuscule because people are so cautious about COVID that they’ve stopped catching flu, which is actually less contagious to start.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Rico, YOU know what to DO!
Angelblade 1 month ago#29
-Kicksave- posted...
Is flu even a thing this year? My pharmacist was saying incidents of flu were minuscule because people are so cautious about COVID that they’ve stopped catching flu, which is actually less contagious to start.

I mean of course it is still a thing.
It may be less prevalent, but it’s still making the rounds. This year the flue vaccines if formulated for 4 strains. Any folks vaccinated for COVID can still get flu if they don’t vaccinate for flu. If say they are hanging around with friends and one has the flue.
Faye Wong
-No Regrets-
Rexxon 1 month ago#30
Well, she is home now and sleeping on the couch, so it wasn't bad enough to keep her.

Thank you all for your well wishes, they are most appreciated.

It's a really hard situation with no easy solution, I admit. She got tested for Covid, so I guess we will find out if it that or something else.

I kind of wish we didn't have to live during this period if time. I worry about Covid, the wealth disparity, the political war that is just now starting up.

I'm not even that old, like 41 . And what about the kids? What kind of future will my nieces and nephews have?

It's depressing.

When the world needs a hero...
Rexxon the Mighty.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I need to VENT. Covid related.
  • Topic Archived