This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Are You Currently a Gun Owner?

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#1
Do you currently own a gun? If so, how many? - Results (357 votes)
Democrat - Yes, I own more than one gun.
18.77% (67 votes)
Democrat - Yes, I own one gun.
10.08% (36 votes)
Democrat - No, I don't own a gun.
21.57% (77 votes)
Independent - Yes, I own more than one gun.
7% (25 votes)
Independent - Yes, I own one gun.
5.32% (19 votes)
Independent - No, I don't own a gun.
18.21% (65 votes)
Republican - Yes, I own more than one gun.
6.44% (23 votes)
Republican - Yes, I own one gun.
0.84% (3 votes)
Republican - No, I don't own a gun.
11.76% (42 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I made a similar topic like this about a year ago, but I want to really know if the results will be different this time around considering what happened so far since January. As someone who supports both the 2nd amendment and gun control, I'm curious to see how many gun owners frequent this site and how they typically vote.

User Info: hereforemnant

hereforemnant
1 month ago#2
Yes, I bought one in the last few months, independent
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#3
With more hate attacks going on this country, people will need to arm themselves out of self-defense. Of course, it's important to follow your state's laws on handling firearms while practicing gun responsibility.

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
1 month ago#4
Humble_Novice posted...
With more hate attacks going on this country, people will need to arm themselves out of self-defense. Of course, it's important to follow your state's laws on handling firearms while practicing gun responsibility.
Question is this poll only for guns owned for self protection or does it include guns only used for hunting?

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#5
Noisette posted...
Question is this poll only for guns owned for self protection or does it include guns only used for hunting?
Both, actually. While hunting guns aren't designed for self-defense specifically, they can still be used for that role if necessary.

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
1 month ago#6
Then I count as independent with more than one gun. I have one for self protection that I keep on me at all times. But I also have two guns for hunting. One that I've had since I was 13 my grandfather got it for me and the 2nd my grandfather left for me when he passed away this year both are bolt action rifles.

User Info: zebatov

zebatov
1 month ago#7
Nice results.

Humble_Novice posted...
Both, actually. While hunting guns aren't designed for self-defense specifically, they can still be used for that role if necessary.

Shotguns are used for a wide variety of game, and are the best weapon for home defense.
If the truth is bothersome, then change what's true.

User Info: PhilBuck

PhilBuck
1 month ago#8
Following that, do you believe that there should be a cap that, beyond handguns and shotguns, there is a point to where you have to be certified and show proof that you can use military-grade weapons reasonably and responsibly?
"How crazy is it when politicians are a joke and comedians are taken seriously?" - Will Rogers

User Info: Id the Demon

Id the Demon
1 month ago#9
Yes of course I've owned one since I was 21 going to the gun range is quite relaxing
There's no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable and the accidental, and what we do.
PSN ID: idthedemon5353

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
1 month ago#10
PhilBuck posted...
Following that, do you believe that there should be a cap that, beyond handguns and shotguns, there is a point to where you have to be certified and show proof that you can use military-grade weapons reasonably and responsibly?
You actually have to have a special license to have "military-grade" weapons.
Currently Playing: Halo Infinite & SMT V
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Are You Currently a Gun Owner?
  • Topic Archived