This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Dem. US. Rep. Yarmouth Not Running Again: Canary in Coalmine?

User Info: Takuya Lee

Takuya Lee
1 month ago#11
Akuryu posted...
He probably does believe the House will flip. Most everyone believes the House will flip.

I don't believe it'll flip. I did at the beginning of the year, but with how this year has played out (45 not shutting up, the pandemic response, and gerrymandering not going too well for the GOP), I think the Dems keep the house next year. Especially if 45 keeps talking and makes it about himself. He drives up Dem turnout.
Narutaki was right. This is all Decade's fault.

User Info: EvilTrash

EvilTrash
1 month ago#12
gatsbyy posted...
Anyone know if his seat is a safe democratic seat or likely to flip.
He has won like 5 elections in a row with 62%+ of the vote. It's solidly SAFE DEMORATIC. I don't know what redistricting if any could do, but even if he believes the democrats will lose the majority, he has been in the minority party before, and his seat would still be easily safe for re-election, so why would simply being in the minority party mean he'd rather not be in Congress at all? The logic makes no sense. He is just ready to retire, I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Dem. US. Rep. Yarmouth Not Running Again: Canary in Coalmine?
  • Topic Archived