This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. How do folks like Ana Navarro Exist In Today's Republican Party?

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#1
I have seen Ana Navarro for years on CNN. PreTrump I always considered her smart even though she is a Republican. Yet today how does she exist in a party where there are folks like MTG, Boebert and Gohmert are the favorites.

Ana, Nicole Wallace, Charlie Baker I would classify as leaning country club republicans. I would argue Nicole personifies it. The Republican Party used to be dominated by them especially in northeast. Then the party tolerated them now it’s obvious they are absolutely not wanted.

Although there are times I wonder if Biden isn’t closer to being a country club Republican then a progressive.

https://twitter.com/ananavarro/status/1421469601574031364?s=20

User Info: TundraKing87

TundraKing87
1 month ago#2
Growing up under commie regimes and CIA coup states warped her brain into thinking healthcare subsidies are akin to death camps and s***.

User Info: Justin2Krelian

Justin2Krelian
1 month ago#3
Yep, she referred to Contras as Freedom Fighters. Though I agree she still doesnt't really fit with the current GOP
-J2K
"And who are you? The proud Lord Zedd!"

User Info: CoyoteTheGreat

CoyoteTheGreat
1 month ago#4
gatsbyy posted...
Ana, Nicole Wallace, Charlie Baker I would classify as leaning country club republicans.

Which is to say, they are just a different kind of evil. These are neutral evil people or lawful evil people, rather than chaotic evil or stupid evil ones. Not "pretty smart".

The security theater from the Bush years (Only in America do we do this shoe crap, you go on a flight elsewhere and you just have to take a run through the cancer machine) isn't the same as doing something for our collective safety. We fixed the problem we were having with planes being able to be used as missiles the moment we secured the cabin doors during flight. Now, if a terrorist wanted to bomb something and cause a lot of deaths, they'd go for a train instead like they did in the past, and those don't have any security.

Biden isn't particularly close to these people as they've only got a few economic things they care about usually (Except the neo-con ones, which have the addition of foreign policy). They don't support the kinds of massive projects that Biden wants, nor do they support the working class in any way, shape or form like Biden. Any attempts by these people to normalize themselves or endear themselves to democrats is just an attempt to insert neo-liberal "ideas" into the democratic party. They love things like austerity and workfare-type proposals that make the state harder to get any benefit from and hope to "transform" the character of Americans to be more amenable to exploitation through capitalism. They are vile people.
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata..

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
1 month ago#5
Justin2Krelian posted...
Yep, she referred to Contras as Freedom Fighters. Though I agree she still doesnt't really fit with the current GOP

She was mainstream GOP before Trump. Now she is pretending to be a Democrat.

Edit: Mitt Romney and maybe Ben Sasse are among the last remnants of the pre-Trump GOP era.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#6
Atombender posted...
She was mainstream GOP before Trump. Now she is pretending to be a Democrat.

Edit: Mitt Romney and maybe Ben Sasse are among the last remnants of the pre-Trump GOP era.
I would not classify Charlie Baker in same category as Romney or Sasse. Baker is a social liberal and fiscal conservative. A combo loved in New England but nowhere else it seems. This combo is referred to as country club Republican also akin to Eisenhower republicans. Romney is closer to a Reagan Republican. He did act as a country club Republican as Governor but not many bought it.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. How do folks like Ana Navarro Exist In Today's Republican Party?
  • Topic Archived