This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. NYC mayor candidate Eric Adams wants remote teaching with 300-400 students

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#21
Halo_Forever posted...
Yeah, distance education basically doubles the amount of time you need to spend with a student. With 300-400 students that isn't happening. Really only a complete moron could think this, I was surprised that this was from a Democrat.

Sadly, education is the one area where Republicans and Democrats have a tendency to be equally s***ty

Tro77Tro posted...
This.

That's about 280-380 more students than any teacher should have to teach at once, at the absolute least, and I'm betting most educators would argue 285-385 since a class size of 20 means your students aren't learning s***.

NYC teachers regularly teach classes of 30+ students and they...make it work. To some extent. Depends on the school and the kids.

But yeah I would argue that this is an insanely stupid idea and he absolutely should be criticized for it
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started 4/23/2010!

User Info: wally

wally
1 month ago#22
This SHOULD end this stupid f***’s campaign. I don’t know anything else about him, but this idea is so goddamned horrendous that it invalidates any potentially good aspects there may be to him.
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 month ago#23
AndreLeGeant posted...
Hope he loses

He's probably gonna win, unfortunately
Yes we're being condescending
Yes that means we're talking down to you

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
1 month ago#24
The candidate AoC endorsed needs to tear into Adams hard. Just go right for the throat.
We should strive to create a world of love and compassion. It may take a lot of time and effort, but it can be done.

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
1 month ago#25
SSj4Wingzero posted...
NYC teachers regularly teach classes of 30+ students and they...make it work. To some extent. Depends on the school and the kids.

But yeah I would argue that this is an insanely stupid idea and he absolutely should be criticized for it

I've made 38 work, but there is no way in hell that they got the same kind of attention that a group of 18 got. (This is for high schoolers, middle schoolers no way).
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
1 month ago#26
Halo_Forever posted...
I've made 38 work, but there is no way in hell that they got the same kind of attention that a group of 18 got. (This is for high schoolers, middle schoolers no way).

Oh yeah, no question. 20 is probably the sweet spot, and 25 is when things start to get problematic
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started 4/23/2010!

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
1 month ago#27
There is a role in lecture hall classes, but not in middleschool and not in the foundation of high school either. To have effective lecture hall classes, which is what this would be, you need mature and motivated students, where the lecture is the 2nd exposure to the material.

Effective lecture format:
Read the night before
Take the lecture
Review the notes
Take the test

There's nothing wrong with this format to give a broad base of mature students a base of education, before breaking down into smaller classes for appropriate subjects.

If you can't learn chemistry in a large class, I'm sorry. You don't belong there and you'll never amount to anything in it. You're not going to medschool. You're not going to grad school. Because that material doesn't need 1 on 20 relationship with an educator.

But that's college, and mostly only applies to STEM. This is highschool. Not only are the students not mature, but they're mostly not motivated. You can't do anything but special lectures in a block of 300-400. That's just an assembly.

Anyway, he'll retract or clarify this dumb statement.
A lot of you here hate this man, and you'll do anything to amp anything he says that messes up.

Meanwhile, Jamaal Bowman is the certified kind of dumbass who thinks dems stole elections from Bernie. A horseshoe attention whore conspiracy theories that believes every time a democrat beats him, they cheated.
Welcome to the Thunderdome

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#28
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1404174087405162501?s=19

This dude is a legit right wing troll.
lolAmerica

User Info: Red XlV

Red XlV
1 month ago#29
And this buffoon is somehow the frontrunner.
"We will end our resilience for bad things." "We have pioneered the fatality rate."
More brilliant insights from Donald Chump
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. NYC mayor candidate Eric Adams wants remote teaching with 300-400 students
  • Topic Archived