This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. NYC mayor candidate Eric Adams wants remote teaching with 300-400 students

User Info: Vtriggering

Vtriggering
3 months ago#11
Parents have been complaining about schoolboard's new policy of redistributing top students into s*** schools in attempt to "improve diversity" because the elite schools just have too many overperforming minorities. So these top students now end up in schools that can't help them reach their potential, and the struggling kids will drag them down by bullying them. Well-done school board.

It's also hilarious how the right wing thinktanks have been using past year of shutdown and learning at home as an opportunity to s*** on public schools and push home schooling. They just rebranded it as hybrid schooling now.

User Info: Overlord Hikash

Overlord Hikash
3 months ago#12
As an educator...

Hahahahahahahah
"Maybe I should go to Norway and kill some people. Looks pretty cushy." - colejj

User Info: Tro77Tro

Tro77Tro
3 months ago#13
CoyoteTheGreat posted...
Having one teacher teaching 300-400 students and expecting them to actually learn anything... isn't realistic. Basically, only the self-learners would ever learn anything.
This.

That's about 280-380 more students than any teacher should have to teach at once, at the absolute least, and I'm betting most educators would argue 285-385 since a class size of 20 means your students aren't learning s***.
The moderation staff has informed me that correcting users who are blatantly lying about facts is abusive behaviour. Today we learned. 7/08/2021

User Info: CoyoteTheGreat

CoyoteTheGreat
3 months ago#14
Halo_Forever posted...
Yeah, distance education basically doubles the amount of time you need to spend with a student. With 300-400 students that isn't happening. Really only a complete moron could think this, I was surprised that this was from a Democrat.

Which means if you doubled staff, you -could- continue distance learning, just with 10-15 people per classroom.

That kind of ignores the most important part of school though, which is socializing kids and making them part of society. You can't do that through distance education period.
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata..

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
3 months ago#15
What teacher is going to take on the load that would be the grading and parental communication that comes with teaching 300 students?

This guy must not be interested in winning his election.
I have to change my signature because my team continually reminds me that the Superbowl was a long time ago.
November 22nd, 2020

User Info: MikeRiley

MikeRiley
3 months ago#16
Just because it's remote doesn't mean the teacher doesn't have to watch what the kids are doing. They get special attention based on who missed what and who needs something explained better. One teacher for 300-400 kids? Have fun with your national strike. It's literally impossible.
You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into. - Jonathan Swift

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 months ago#17
Just plop them in front of a learning module and watch the kids take off like a jet engine. This guy thinks he's a genius.

User Info: LuigisBro

LuigisBro
3 months ago#18
Adams wants to do this so he rent out all these empty schools to charters, he's just a typical neoliberal

my sources say Persona series is going to Switch

User Info: Atralis

Atralis
3 months ago#19
You may as well have the kids look up Algebra 1 on youtube at that point.

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
3 months ago#20
Guess he thinks The Jetsons was a documentary.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. NYC mayor candidate Eric Adams wants remote teaching with 300-400 students
  • Topic Archived