This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. SpaceX's Starship to land next Americans on the Moon

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 weeks ago#61
CommonJoe posted...
Also you can't reverse climate change. All we can do is mitigate the damage.

Wow what a visionary, so much faith in science. We’ll have the entire solar system colonized in no time with that attitude lol
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: CommonJoe

CommonJoe
4 weeks ago#62
LaManoNeraII posted...
Wow what a visionary, so much faith in science.

Science isnt a matter of faith, for one, but youre again just showing you dont actually know anything at all. Climate change is happening period. It cannot be stopped because youd literally have to halt the entire planets weather to stop it.

All that can actually be done is to, again, mitigate the damage. That involves cutting the exacerbating factors so that the rate at which it happens slows back to its natural rate (which even in of itself isnt a guarantee without getting the entire planet to cooperate) and building up the world to resist the extreme weather thats already happening year to year and will keep happening.

You cannot stop or reverse it.
I shouldnt be approaching 30 and preparing for life as a climate refugee.

User Info: TonyKojima

TonyKojima
4 weeks ago#63
I am very against the privatization of space.
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 weeks ago#64
So we can’t make Earth more habitable, but we can make Mars and the moon more habitable

Lmao
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: CommonJoe

CommonJoe
4 weeks ago#65
LaManoNeraII posted...
So we can’t make Earth more habitable, but we can make Mars and the moon more habitable

Who said we cant make Earth more habitable? Nobody except you.

Can you stop being reactionary and think for 5 seconds?
I shouldnt be approaching 30 and preparing for life as a climate refugee.

User Info: GEKGanon

GEKGanon
4 weeks ago#66
LaManoNeraII posted...

Lmao

Maybe I'm not thinking about this the right way, but... Earth is already habitable... how does one go about making it more habitable? That sounds like making water wetter by pouring more water on it.
Steam Name: gekganon

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
4 weeks ago#67
GEKGanon posted...
Maybe I'm not thinking about this the right way, but... Earth is already habitable... how does one go about making it more habitable? That sounds like making water wetter by pouring more water on it.

More than two thirds of the Earth's surface is, in fact, not particularly habitable by humans.

But I think the point being made is that if we were in a position to do any sort of terraforming on Mars or the Moon, that would necessitate we also had the tools necessary to address climate change.

Of course, that's a bit off base, because nobody is currently talking about terraforming, just going places and building bases.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: d_parker

d_parker
4 weeks ago#68
Requiem posted...
Why are we sending people to the moon?
We've already did it over a half a century ago.

Bush Jr promised to go to the Moon too.

It's a nice pie in the sky distraction from plague, mass shootings and the entire lineup on TLC.

User Info: brestugo

brestugo
4 weeks ago#69
I just hope Space X finishes their god damned parking structure on Prairie Avenue soon. Motherf***ers added 20 minutes to my commute by taking out a lane for construction equipment.
Not everyone is suitable to kill a lion - Maasai proverb.

User Info: Shadow Don

Shadow Don
4 weeks ago#70
It is absolutely crazy how detached from reality Musk fanboys are.

It's cool that Space X exists and I love that people are more excited about space travel but notice how far we have changed the goal posts from Musks vision some years ago. What happened to Mars? Now we are putting people on the moon? We did that over 50 years ago. Seems like Space X really isn't that big of a game changer and we haven't really made that much progress on space exploration sadly.
"The soul in the darkness sins, but the real sinner is he who caused the darkness." - Victor Hugo
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. SpaceX's Starship to land next Americans on the Moon
  • Topic Archived