This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If US gets enough vaccine by end of May, & 40% refuse, then what?

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#41
I predicted a lot of industries, like live performances, movie theaters, etc. would require vaccinations going forth. With the cruiseline industry doing just that, it's likely that the 40% idiots will be compelled to in order to rejoin society, or live on the fringe.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
1 month ago#42
kozlo100 posted...
Yea, that's the thing I'm worried about. I mean, there's estimated 15%-20% of uninsured drivers driving around, which has marginally more strict enforcement than what you're talking about here, and those kinds of numbers are enough to bring us below the herd immunity threshold.

Given that, I'm having a hard time imagining what kind of situation your vaccination card gets checked by law enforcement at Starbucks that is common enough to get higher compliance rates than driver's insurance.

Isn't 15-20% good enough? From what I've heard, we need about 80% vaccination to get herd immunity.
If justice is blind, why do you get a jury of your peers?
-Literally said by OMGWTFPIE

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
1 month ago#43
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
I predicted a lot of industries, like live performances, movie theaters, etc. would require vaccinations going forth. With the cruiseline industry doing just that, it's likely that the 40% idiots will be compelled to in order to rejoin society, or live on the fringe.

Yeah I think that's going to happen too. Imagine never being able to fly again lol.
Maybe next year...

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#44
goooooBills posted...

Yeah I think that's going to happen too. Imagine never being able to fly again lol.

Do you fly a lot or something?

I never flew a single time until I was 23 and have only flown maybe 7 times since then (32 years old). If it came down to it, I could easily go without flying for the rest of my life. And if I can do it, I would imagine a large number of others could as well. My mom, for instance, is nearly 60 and she's only flown 4 times in her life but has been to something like 25-30 of the 50 states. It's manageable (well, unless your job requires a lot of flying).
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

goooooBills
1 month ago#45
WTGHookshot posted...
Do you fly a lot or something?

I never flew a single time until I was 23 and have only flown maybe 7 times since then (32 years old). If it came down to it, I could easily go without flying for the rest of my life. And if I can do it, I would imagine a large number of others could as well. My mom, for instance, is nearly 60 and she's only flown 4 times in her life but has been to something like 25-30 of the 50 states. It's manageable (well, unless your job requires a lot of flying).

You just going to live the rest of your life without ever taking a vacation? And for what, so you don't have to take a vaccine?
Maybe next year...

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#46
goooooBills posted...
You just going to live the rest of your life without ever taking a vacation? And for what, so you don't have to take a vaccine?

I know this is going to sound unpopular, but most who are undeducated/fearful of vaccines tend to be low income people. They don't fly, take cruises, or even drive long distances. They usually stay at home. So none of the travel restrictions will impact them.
Phil Spencer- Series X/S is shaping up the biggest & best launch line up in Xbox history.

goooooBills
1 month ago#47
Iscratchmyballs posted...
I know this is going to sound unpopular, but most who are undeducated/fearful of vaccines tend to be low income people. They don't fly, take cruises, or even drive long distances. They usually stay at home. So none of the travel restrictions will impact them.

Yeah...but those won't be the only thing you won't be allowed to do. Lots of businesses and employers are going to follow suit. Even low income people need to fly sometimes.
Maybe next year...

User Info: divot1338

divot1338
1 month ago#48
Flying is not the primary activity for anyone that is off limits.

It’s probably not even in the top 10.

s***’s f***ed up right now. And it didn’t have to be this way but we had selfish, orange ass who sat around with his tiny fingers in his ears.
Moustache twirling villian
https://i.imgur.com/U3lt3H4.jpg- Kerbey

goooooBills
1 month ago#49
divot1338 posted...
Flying is not the primary activity for anyone that is off limits.

It’s probably not even in the top 10.

s***’s f***ed up right now. And it didn’t have to be this way but we had selfish, orange ass who sat around with his tiny fingers in his ears.

While Trump deserves some of the blame obviously, morons have been refusing vaccines long before he came along.
Maybe next year...

User Info: Galactus21

Galactus21
1 month ago#50
maybe requiring vaccinations for things like eating at restaurants, going to the movies, traveling on flights, or going to sporting events. That should drive some of the numbers up. I know I want to start enjoying those things again
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If US gets enough vaccine by end of May, & 40% refuse, then what?
  • Topic Archived