This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If US gets enough vaccine by end of May, & 40% refuse, then what?

User Info: Iscratchmyballs

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#1
I just watched local news, and they're saying approximately 40% of the population may refuse the Covid Vaccines made available by end of May. What can the government do to encourage more people to get vaccinated? Government Marketing campaign? Pay people to get vaccinated?
Phil Spencer- Series X/S is shaping up the biggest & best launch line up in Xbox history.

User Info: aarrgus

aarrgus
1 month ago#2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFFo7xz69t0

But seriously education, and use social influencers to get people to vaccinate. Celebs, clergy, athletes, networks, politicians, Youtubers, everyone.
Last night I was lying in bed, staring at the stars, and I wondered... Where the **** is my roof?

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
1 month ago#3
Then those 40% get to stay home with no ui or stimulus and get to continue wearing masks.
Generic Signature

User Info: Russian Rocket

Russian Rocket
1 month ago#4
This is basically the same 40% that thought f***stick was doing a good job as president. My aunt won't get one and I'm convinced it's simply to keep Biden from scoring a victory against COVID. She is a f***ing nurse too (although she works from home doing telemed).

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#5
aarrgus posted...

But seriously education, and use social influencers to get people to vaccinate. Celebs, clergy, athletes, networks, politicians, Youtubers, everyone.

Man, the fact that humans even HAVE "social influencers"... Maybe humanity ought to just let the virus run its course.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#6
aarrgus posted...

That's a brilliant idea! We need more celebrities, particular Hispanic/Black to promote the safety etc.
Phil Spencer- Series X/S is shaping up the biggest & best launch line up in Xbox history.

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#7
I'm all for work and schools requiring vaccination.
lolAmerica

Iscratchmyballs
1 month ago#8
Russian Rocket posted...
This is basically the same 40% that thought f***stick was doing a good job as president. My aunt won't get one and I'm convinced it's simply to keep Biden from scoring a victory against COVID. She is a f***ing nurse too (although she works from home doing telemed).

Yep.

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 month ago#9
Iscratchmyballs posted...

That's a brilliant idea! We need more celebrities, particular Hispanic/Black to promote the safety etc.

This just makes me sad. Why, why, why do people care whatsoever what celebrities do, outside of their work for what made them celebrities in the first place?
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: Block that Kick

Block that Kick
1 month ago#10
The government can’t force them, but private enterprise can force their hand to an extent. Once sporting events and concerts open up to full capacity, The sports leagues and companies who own the arenas can require proof of vaccination to enter. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of retail places like Walmart and target will start requiring it as well. Also, private companies can require vaccination without a medical exemption as a condition of employment.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If US gets enough vaccine by end of May, & 40% refuse, then what?
  • Topic Archived