This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Joe Biden and Senate have agreed to tighter income limits for Stimulus checks

User Info: BidenSpiritBomb

BidenSpiritBomb
1 month ago#1
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/biden-senate-democrats-agree-limit-eligibility-1-400-checks-n1259463

Now anyone making more than 80k (single filer) or 160k (joint filer) will get nada.

Sadly, this needed to be done. We can't lose one vote in the Senate, and I don't see any Republican senators flipping.
OBAMA RASENGAN!

User Info: Starks

Starks
1 month ago#2
This actually helps single filers
Posted with GameRaven 3.6.0_B3

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
1 month ago#3
Starks posted...

Yeah, wasn't previous threshold 75k?
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

User Info: Lion2480

Lion2480
1 month ago#4
80k is a good threshold

User Info: Block that Kick

Block that Kick
1 month ago#5
I’ll never understand this. Why do we care if someone very well off gets a check, especially when we plan to tax them more and get that money back anyway?
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

User Info: BidenSpiritBomb

BidenSpiritBomb
1 month ago#6
Starks posted...

Sure, but anyone in that 81k - 99k range won't get partial payments.
OBAMA RASENGAN!

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#7
Block that Kick posted...
I’ll never understand this. Why do we care if someone very well off gets a check, especially when we plan to tax them more and get that money back anyway?
Because Republicans think that 1,400 is enough to buy a house, because they're so out of touch with reality.

And again, this is all so f***ing stupid. They're still using 2019's taxes for this. Not 2020.

What someone made 2 years ago has no bearing on what their life is like today.
lolAmerica

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 month ago#8
Heineken14 posted...
Yeah, wasn't previous threshold 75k?

Previously, it started phasing out at 75k and fully phased out at 100k. It seems to now fully phase out at 80k.

Not a huge deal but.... I still dont see why they bothered changing it.
Yes we're being condescending
Yes that means we're talking down to you

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#9
TheFuzz3451 posted...
Previously, it started phasing out at 75k and fully phased out at 100k. It seems to now fully phase out at 80k.

Because Joe Manchin is only now clutching his pearls.
lolAmerica

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
1 month ago#10
TheFuzz3451 posted...

Manchin.

This is...hardly ideal and I don't like limiting it, but it could be worse, and 25 million more people are getting money than before.

The unemployment and money for parents with kids are a bigger triumph than the stimulus checks at least
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Joe Biden and Senate have agreed to tighter income limits for Stimulus checks
  • Topic Archived