This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. CPAC stage was designed by a Liberal group with close ties to MSNBC

User Info: Nitro378

Nitro378
1 month ago#21
Kim Kusanagi posted...
It's always a contrived coincidence huh

Why is it only called class war when we fight back? https://youtu.be/fUuK6JtP7xA
Number of 30-day suspensions for attacking Zionism: 3

User Info: feudel

feudel
1 month ago#22
Archgoat posted...
It was antifa.

antifa is a rude way of saying Trump supporters
????????

User Info: Tel_Fry_733T

Tel_Fry_733T
1 month ago#23
Lord_Diablo13 posted...
Wadda expect? That's what Raw Story described it.

That being said, I think conservatives are far stupider than we make them out to be.

Tbh I thought it was meant to troll democrats not dogwhistle repubs. 99.9% of Trump supporters have no idea what that rune is. 70% probably couldnt name 50 states.

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#24
Musourenka posted...
Ian Walters, director of communications for the ACU and CPAC, told the Forward that the company "provided several options for us to choose from and what we ended up with was the most workable of the options they submitted."

So out of all the designs Design Foundry gave them, CPAC still chose the rune.
This. Still, not buying this explanation. That stage design makes no sense without it being designed very specifically that way coming to mind.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: QualmanIsBack

QualmanIsBack
1 month ago#25
Why is CPAC paying a "liberal" firm in Maryland for a stage in a Florida conservatives conference room?

Couldn't a conservative Floridian business do it?
quazyqual

User Info: bfslick50

bfslick50
1 month ago#26
By "close ties to MSNBC" you mean that MSNBC was once their customer. That article indicates no ties closer to MSNBC than to CPAC.
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama

User Info: Revegelance

Revegelance
1 month ago#27
QualmanIsBack posted...
Why is CPAC paying a "liberal" firm in Maryland for a stage in a Florida conservatives conference room?

Couldn't a conservative Floridian business do it?
I'd suggest that it's so that they can blame "the libs" for their Nazi symbol stage, but that would imply that they have foresight.
Potatoes.
My Mario Maker 2 ID: 0MS-GLM-Q4G

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
1 month ago#28
Is "Raw Story" a reputable site?
Currently playing: Bravely Default II (Switch)
#SluggoIsLit

User Info: darkknight109

darkknight109
1 month ago#29
DnDer posted...
I have to wonder if this was ignorance on the designer's part (but never the conservatives, who are too well acquainted with Nazis since Charlottesville, at a minimum), or if as an undersold design, it was intentional pranking that went horribly wrong for them.
I posted this in the other topic on whether people thought this was deliberate or not, but I had no idea that rune was a Nazi symbol two weeks ago and I'd bet good money that 95+% of the board and the general population didn't either. To me, the most likely explanation for this remains that it was a coincidence, something that the article in the OP seems to cement.

Honestly, I'm far more concerned with how the Republicans have basically become a fascist party rather than their likely-accidental use of fascist symbols. There's far bigger and more substantive issues to take the Republicans to task over than what their stage looks like at one of their wingnut conferences.
Kill 1 man: You are a murderer. Kill 10 men: You are a monster.
Kill 100 men: You are a hero. Kill 10,000 men, you are a conqueror!

User Info: Kim Kusanagi

Kim Kusanagi
1 month ago#30
darkknight109 posted...
their likely-accidental use of fascist symbols.

"Likely-accidental"
Live to train. Train to fight. Fight to live.
Take me away, I don't mind, but you better promise I'll be back in time!
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. CPAC stage was designed by a Liberal group with close ties to MSNBC
  • Topic Archived