This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Police are just running over people now.

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
4 weeks ago#121
LaManoNeraII posted...
The willingly engaged an officer, they WANTED to antagonize him

You sound like people who justify cops killing people while saying you support BLM. They're given special authority we're not because they're supposed to be held to a higher standard, yet somehow Americans translated that into meaning they should get away with whatever they want.

Cops are supposed to be trained to not panic and just start killing people.

LaManoNeraII posted...
You can hear people banging on cars, I dunno if they were hitting the police car itself but I still hear car banging

As long as his life wasn't in danger, which him being able to reverse to a degree he could have, indicates his life was not in danger.

LaManoNeraII posted...
And all because their probably illegal street race got busted.

Ok, like I said, regardless of their criminality cops shouldn't have the accepted authority to just start running over and/or murdering people. If a cop is chasing a confirmed killer and decides to just run him over in the hope it kills him instead of giving him his day in court that should not be acceptable. Their job is apprehension so a court of law can decide guilt, not to be Judge Dredds.

LaManoNeraII posted...
Why should we give them any sympathy?

Because illegal street races aren't justification for running people over? Are you kidding me?

LaManoNeraII posted...
They want to fight cops, so let them fight cops and see what happens.

And what if they had killed the cop? Then you'd be saying "why didn't the cop just keep reversing and get out of there when he had the chance?" I very highly doubt you'd still have this same attitude of "let them fight" if they ultimately killed the cop who refused to leave when he had the chance without running anybody over.

LaManoNeraII posted...
This anarchist bulls*** has nothing to do with what BLM and the Floyd protests were about

Lol since when does illegal street racing exemplify "anarchist bulls***"?
When I was a child I played with childish things; but when I became a man, I put away childish things, and now play with adult toys.

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
4 weeks ago#122
LaManoNeraII posted...
1. The willingly engaged an officer, they WANTED to antagonize him
2. You can hear people banging on cars, I dunno if they were hitting the police car itself but I still hear car banging
And all because their probably illegal street race got busted.

Why should we give them any sympathy? They want to fight cops, so let them fight cops and see what happens. This anarchist bulls*** has nothing to do with what BLM and the Floyd protests were about

Sure, but only the people banging on the car should be the ones in danger of being run over. If this was some random person, it might be a different story, but the police are expected to handle these things a little bit better.
Maybe next year...

User Info: Tenlaar

Tenlaar
4 weeks ago#123
LaManoNeraII posted...
Because this is being likened to police brutality and aggression
It's not "being likened to." It is police brutality and aggression to choose to drive forward through a crowd when there was nothing blocking him from continuing to reverse.

User Info: Manic_Prime

Manic_Prime
4 weeks ago#124
Jolteon posted...
That is a disproportionate response to such an extreme degree that "both sides were wrong" utterly fails to capture the degree to which it is unbalanced.

No, both sides were wrong, and just because the actions of one of the participants was significantly worse does not absolve the others of any wrongdoing. The fact that one of the participants was also a police officer should not absolve them of wrongdoing, either, as the actions are not justified such as breaking regular traffic laws to apprehend a criminal.

Wow. And here I was operating under the assumption that deep down you were ready to acknowledge that mowing down pedestrians is orders of magnitude more serious an offense than "banging on a car". Apparently I was mistaken, and you think both are equally deserving of jail time. I sure hope you never catch me jaywalking to get away from a mugger. I'd end up in jail along with him.

I have seen the video and, yes, the officer's actions are definitely a more serious offense, however, the severity of the pedestrians' offense and the appropriate legal response cannot be determined by a brief video showing the situation in progress.

Why was the officer there and why were the pedestrians surrounding the vehicle? Were they impeding the officer from being able to perform his duties? If so, that doesn't justify them being mowed down, but it also does not make them innocent victims, either. I don't think the pedestrians should be subjected with jail time, however fines for obstructing an officer would be justifiable, while the officer should be suspended without pay while their actions are investigated and appropriate disciplinary action (preferably expulsion and a charge of aggravated assault) is taken.
GameFAQs, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and vulgarity. We must be cautious.

User Info: Seriyah

Seriyah
4 weeks ago#125
completely fair, next

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
4 weeks ago#126
Yes, that is what a scumbag would say about this.
Taxes, death, and trouble.
Brunt/Gaila 2024. Make Ferenginar Great Again!

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
4 weeks ago#127
feudel posted...
Tacoma PD Police Union isn’t pro Biden. Calm down
lol he modded again.
https://youtu.be/XtyCvA8eN18 https://youtu.be/0_6lFkOg7ko
https://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 https://imgur.com/COylKWt

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
4 weeks ago#128
LaManoNeraII posted...
Are people still using BLM as an excuse to cosplay as anarchists?

If a war with authority is really what they want, then they should expect some casualties
Are you pro dead cop here? Because you sure as s*** sound like you're advocating for people to kill cops.

Don't do that.
lolAmerica

User Info: JaeredMack

JaeredMack
4 weeks ago#129
ClayGuida posted...
Are you pro dead cop here? Because you sure as s*** sound like you're advocating for people to kill cops.

Don't do that.
Yeah, you're not allowed to advocate for that even if you want to.
BLM // DEFUND & ABOLISH

User Info: Sun Xiao

Sun Xiao
4 weeks ago#130
HentaiMan posted...
F teh police!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5kz2LNjA8

That's nice. Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awIV87DBxrw
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Police are just running over people now.
  • Topic Archived