This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Conservatism is baffling. On one hand they're all "law and order",

User Info: MajesticFerret

MajesticFerret
3 months ago#11
Trump is a cultist and anyone avidly supporting him at this point is crazy, but a lot of these posts are just way too damn ignorant or in too bad of faith to ignore.

WhySoSirius posted...
Yes, Americans have the right to keep and bear arms, but wisdom and common sense dictates that there are some people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a lethal weapon. You say you're for "law and order" while at the same time insisting that a person with a history of violent behavior, hateful rhetoric, and/or poor mental health should be able to own as many guns as they please, which is just begging for trouble.

1. Having a history of violent behavior can stop you from getting a firearm. Most criminals acquire firearms illegally.
2. And how are you going to track "hateful rhetoric" exactly? Most bigots are smart enough not to be bigots on social media at this point.
3. Most people commiting violent gun related crimes would pass a psychiatric evaluation. This may come as a surprise to you, but it's actually pretty hard to fail a psychiatric evaluation. Most criminals aren't insane, they are perfectly rational sound mind people who have been massively damaged by their surroundings and they are smart enough to lie about certain things if you were to evaluate them.

Psychology is largely woo-woo bulls*** with only a handful of legitimate mental illnesses being treatable and clearly defineable. Psychopathy is usually hidden extremely well and it exists in people regardless of IQ level and any impedement to rational thought.

Guys like Ted Bundy are smart enough to probably pass any psychiatric evaluation. Literally just be smart enough to tell people what they want to hear and you'll pass with flying colors. Same with many school shooters, who illegally steal their firearms from their parents or other parties and many do very well in school so are smart enough to lie.

Psychopaths literally train their entire lives to act like normal people. People who think psychologists have cracked some sort of code to punch through this facade with a simple test is simply not true.

wiiking96 posted...
The "Order" part of Law & Order is key. Probably less than handful of mainstream conservatives, none of which I can list by name and cite my sources for them believing this, want to enforce the current social order of unjust hierarchies and want to reestablish old hierarchies that have been dissolved. Probably less than three mainstream conservatives of the past decade publically defended segregation and slavery, meanwhile they were considering passing segregation laws in California and calling the prison system "white supremacy" is literally the ultimate criminal apologist move, especially considering people of both sides of the political aisle are equally responsible for enabling it at this point.

^corrected for accuracy.
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
3 months ago#12
Source for that rant
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me
Father forgive them for they know not what they do

User Info: Zerocide

Zerocide
3 months ago#13
WhySoSirius posted...
So... you're really not for law and order at all.
Yup, it's all about wanting privilege.
"Grand Upper!" - Axel Stone

User Info: Calintares

Calintares
3 months ago#14
Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

that's their view of law and order.
ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die.

User Info: Bolle_Henk_

Bolle_Henk_
3 months ago#15
mario2000 posted...
American conservatism is all about narcissistic selfishness.

I thought it was all about not having enough oxygen at brith.
Don't listen to Ondore's lies. I'm Bash von Rosenberg ... and so's my wife!
http://s29.postimg.org/cx4yin7tz/8vwnv.gif

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 months ago#16
MajesticFerret posted...
Trump is a cultist and anyone avidly supporting him at this point is crazy, but a lot of these posts are just way too damn ignorant or in too bad of faith to ignore.

1. Having a history of violent behavior can stop you from getting a firearm. Most criminals acquire firearms illegally.
2. And how are you going to track "hateful rhetoric" exactly? Most bigots are smart enough not to be bigots on social media at this point.
3. Most people commiting violent gun related crimes would pass a psychiatric evaluation. This may come as a surprise to you, but it's actually pretty hard to fail a psychiatric evaluation. Most criminals aren't insane, they are perfectly rational sound mind people who have been massively damaged by their surroundings and they are smart enough to lie about certain things if you were to evaluate them.
1) There are many who don't have that record of violent or criminal behavior, everyone has to start somewhere. There's also the fact that simply owning a gun doesn't make you a criminal, it's the actions you take with it.
2) You and I clearly have seen very different social media
3) You'd be surprised by how many it would catch, but catching any would be a life saved. Literally nothing will stop ALL gun violence, but that doesn't mean that stopping some of it would be a failure

Psychology is largely woo-woo bulls*** with only a handful of legitimate mental illnesses being treatable and clearly defineable. Psychopathy is usually hidden extremely well and it exists in people regardless of IQ level and any impedement to rational thought.

Guys like Ted Bundy are smart enough to probably pass any psychiatric evaluation. Literally just be smart enough to tell people what they want to hear and you'll pass with flying colors. Same with many school shooters, who illegally steal their firearms from their parents or other parties and many do very well in school so are smart enough to lie.

Psychopaths literally train their entire lives to act like normal people. People who think psychologists have cracked some sort of code to punch through this facade with a simple test is simply not true.

^corrected for accuracy.
Not everyone that harms another with a gun is a clinically defined psychopath.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: IronWolf87

IronWolf87
3 months ago#17
Conservatism is all about preserving a social and racial hierarchy. When law order is used to protect that hierarchy they're for it, when it threatens the hierarchy they're against it.

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
3 months ago#18
mario2000 posted...
American conservatism is all about narcissistic selfishness.
...and that's why Trump is their man.
If 261-politics existed in the 1950s, it's likely that at some point they would've modded the pro-desegregation and pro-interracial marriage posts as offensive

User Info: Nitro378

Nitro378
3 months ago#19
"Law and order" = the ******s are being uppity
Why is it only called class war when we fight back? https://youtu.be/fUuK6JtP7xA
Number of 30-day suspensions for attacking Zionism: 3

User Info: dark_cloudGB21

dark_cloudGB21
3 months ago#20
These are the same people who beat the s*** out of a cop at the Capitol with a "Blue Lives Matter" flag pole.

There is nothing coherent about it so don't bother trying to understand it.
gossip, gossip, neckbeards jus' stop it [][][]=====[][][]
dark cloud MAYNE!
~best poster alive~
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Conservatism is baffling. On one hand they're all "law and order",
  • Topic Archived