This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Conservatism is baffling. On one hand they're all "law and order",

User Info: WhySoSirius

WhySoSirius
1 month ago#1
but on the other they're all "I should be able to say and do whatever I want without consequence".

So... you're really not for law and order at all.

Nowhere is this more apparent than with gun control. Yes, Americans have the right to keep and bear arms, but wisdom and common sense dictates that there are some people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a lethal weapon. You say you're for "law and order" while at the same time insisting that a person with a history of violent behavior, hateful rhetoric, and/or poor mental health should be able to own as many guns as they please, which is just begging for trouble.

User Info: WhySoSirius

WhySoSirius
1 month ago#2
I suppose it's a classic case of "rules for thee but not for me", which is also common in conservative thinking.

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
1 month ago#3
American conservatism is all about narcissistic selfishness.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: seankimberley42

seankimberley42
1 month ago#4
The GOP - Grandstanding Oppositional Projectionists.
" That was just stupidity on my part." - NEOverlook13

User Info: Shadow_jdct

Shadow_jdct
1 month ago#5
I think it's pretty simple. Conservatism's only actual stable tenet is fear. Being afraid of change and things you don't understand.

Everything they do makes sense when you understand that they're just terrified of 'the other', 'change', and 'the unknown' and instead of seeking understanding of these things they lash out.

I think Yoda had something instructive to say about fear.

Conservatives are the members of the tribe who reach for their weapons when they meet a tribe they don't know. Liberals are the ones who wonder if their cooking is good, what language they speak, and where they come from.

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
1 month ago#6
Conservatives only care about themselves. Selfishness is their default trait. The only reason for them to engage in charity is to gain more members to induct. After all, the bigger their numbers, the stronger they become.

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
1 month ago#7
The conservative law and order slogan is code for white nationalism. It is basically them repeating "not black people." It has nothing to do with law and order.
Welcome to the Thunderdome.

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
1 month ago#8
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/534449-former-gop-congressman-says-hes-leaving-party-this-has-become-a-cult

“"This has become a cult. It's no longer a political party. It's a cult," Edwards told Oklahoma's News 4 on Thursday. "It's the kind of a cult that when the leader of the cult does anything, no matter what it is, or how awful it is, they voted.”

User Info: Goldice

Goldice
1 month ago#9
They wish for others to be bound by law but not protected by it. They wish for themselves to be unbound by law but protected by it
New England Patriots: Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII Champions

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
1 month ago#10
The "Order" part of Law & Order is key. Conservatives want to enforce the current social order of unjust hierarchies and want to reestablish old hierarchies that have been dissolved. Conservatives of the past centuries defended segregation and slavery, and conservatives of today defend remaining forms of white supremacy like the prison system.
We should strive to create a world of love and compassion. It may take a lot of time and effort, but it can be done.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Conservatism is baffling. On one hand they're all "law and order",
  • Topic Archived