This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I'd like to have a serious discussion about Trumpism and it's affect on people.

User Info: Xanathar

Xanathar
1 month ago#1
I'm basically at a loss and this is actually truly a difficult subject to discuss.

You can choose to believe me or not.

My Father and Father in law both have drunk the Trump Kool Aid. They are so far gone I am at a loss as to what to do.

I have been arguing with my Dad over texts for weeks and the boiling point was the Capitol Riots. He is under the belief that the "Deep State" Democrats are responsible for the following:

• BLM and Antifa democratic sanctioned riots and looting of businesses to shut down the economy
  • George Soros is funneling money to create a divide in America
  • Antifa stands for "Anti First Amendment" and they are behind the Capitol Riots.
  • Donald Trump is a saviour of American ideals. He is being punished and targeted by a deep state cabal lead by Nancy Pelosi.
  • The Bidens are a "dirty" criminal organization family with ties to China.

I can go on, but I don't want to.

He disrespects me, and my wife and how we're trying to get him to see reason. He tells me to "go to my room" (I'm 37 and live in my own home in another state with my own family) and to "think about the damage I've done" by voting for Biden.

I can't even begin to describe how sick this is. He wanted to show me the " Hunter Biden files" and I said no, keep that fake bull s*** away from me.

I'm actually afraid for him. I feel like he's so far gone that he's a danger to himself and others. He believes that the Pelosi laptop theft is going to reveal some "scary stuff" in the coming days and we should all be prepared for a total internet shut down and going dark. My Father in law says the same stupid s***.

I just don't know what to do. I basically lost my father over a stupid Orange Clown. I hate Donald Trump so much, at what he's done not only to this country but to families and rationality. Common sense is literally disappearing among American voters.
Not all those that wander are lost

User Info: Darth Gecko

Darth Gecko
1 month ago#2
“OK boomer”.
Golden State Warriors 2018 NBA Champions

User Info: bobbycorwin

bobbycorwin
1 month ago#3
I feel for you. This situation sucks to be in. My only advice is to treat this like a cult, and look up information on how people have helped their loved ones leave cults. Maybe stop trying to tell them that they are wrong, and instead focus on how they were much happier before all this started. Get them to want to unplug from the conspiracy nonsense, not because it is nonsense but because they would be happier just letting it go.

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
1 month ago#4
Ask him to prove any of that. Show him counter-evidence.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 month ago#5
Effect
"Tether even a roasted chicken."
- Yamamoto Tsunetomo

User Info: Viggs

Viggs
1 month ago#6
Stop talking to him. Cut him out. Not worth it, even if it is your own dad
Viggs M.D. PGY-1 :D

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
1 month ago#7
Viggs posted...
That will just make him go further down the rabbit hole

User Info: uthoria205

uthoria205
1 month ago#8
Viggs posted...

Acta Non Verba

User Info: uthoria205

uthoria205
1 month ago#9
BetaSquadron posted...
That will just make him go further down the rabbit hole

You cant save people who don't want to be saved. If you want a fulfilling and mentally healthy life you need to move on.
Acta Non Verba

User Info: Ar0ge

Ar0ge
1 month ago#10
I'm feeling similar with my dad and my aunt. A few other of my family members. They arent as extreme. Well, they believe all the same s*** pretty much, but they at least don't shove it in my face all the time.

They have tried in the past to brain wash me but they've basically given up. And I as well have given up on talking sense into them.

We just talk normally every now and then and never talk politics.

1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. I'd like to have a serious discussion about Trumpism and it's affect on people.
  • Topic Archived