This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Aww s***, we shutting down

User Info: joaquintall

joaquintall
1 week ago#21
A shutdown isn't so bad. I'm in Canada, and we had a shutdown where I live. I was declared an essential worker (which I didn't actually agree with). It was nice driving with very little traffic. The air seemed cleaner, the streets quieter.

I actually would have preferred staying at home, playing games, playing guitar, etc.

Try to get a haircut in though, I went months without, and I couldn't stand it.

User Info: King of Inland

King of Inland
1 week ago#22
These shutdowns would be fine if employees and businesses weren't totally getting screwed over due to a lack of financial support. Many of the restrictions will do little to stop the spreads, especially in places where people continue to gather privately (as you would expect). Also, the toll on people's physical and mental health has no doubt surpassed any potential benefits of these restrictions and redirection of hospital resources.
The face of college hockey - http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2209/2318158448_c9d69b6edb_o.jpg

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 week ago#23
Shutting down sucks but at least you have a governor willing to take the necessary steps
Yes we're being condescending
Yes that means we're talking down to you

User Info: Block that Kick

Block that Kick
1 week ago#24
Four weeks of no bars, restaurants or fitness centers.

https://m.startribune.com/walz-to-close-bars-restaurants-and-fitness-centers-for-4-weeks/573114521
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
1 week ago#25
Restaurants need to be allowed to sell to-go mixed drinks. Might be a little more complex than wine/beer, but it would be a big help.
Coup d'etoddler

User Info: TimeForAction

TimeForAction
1 week ago#26
McSame_as_Bush posted...
Restaurants need to be allowed to sell to-go mixed drinks. Might be a little more complex than wine/beer, but it would be a big help.

Thats what they did in Ohio. It was a big hit

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
1 week ago#27
TimeForAction posted...
Thats what they did in Ohio. It was a big hit

Minnesota is weirdly regressive when it comes to liquor laws.
Coup d'etoddler

User Info: Takuya Lee

Takuya Lee
1 week ago#28
McSame_as_Bush posted...
Minnesota is weirdly regressive when it comes to liquor laws.

Maybe they're afraid of becoming like Las Vegas, although that's mostly done on the Strip and Downtown.
Narutaki was right. This is all Decade's fault.

User Info: Thewinner14

Thewinner14
1 week ago#29
But I was told covid was over on 11/4

User Info: Takuya Lee

Takuya Lee
1 week ago#30
Thewinner14 posted...
But I was told covid was over on 11/4

Trump's a liar. Shocking, I know.
Narutaki was right. This is all Decade's fault.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Aww s***, we shutting down
  • Topic Archived