This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Kavanaugh shows his radical opposition to voting rights

User Info: AlCalavicci

AlCalavicci
4 weeks ago#21
SorakhII posted...
what really matters is that nobody should be sending their ballot by mail courier at this point.

Agreed, but not everyone may get that message. I hope hope hope they do.

I already turned in my mail-in ballot in person and got confirmation it was received. And I'm in a swing state.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111123223446/simpsons/images/9/99/K.png
I didn't even give you my coat!

User Info: Tyranthraxus

Tyranthraxus
4 weeks ago#22
SorakhII posted...
what really matters is that nobody should be sending their ballot by mail courier at this point.
Should be okay if you personally deliver it to the post office right now (not every place permits this so check to see if you must use a ballot box. Additionally some places have post offices with ballot boxes)
It says right here in Matthew 16:4 "Jesus doth not need a giant Mecha."
https://i.imgur.com/dQgC4kv.jpg

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
4 weeks ago#23
Fun fact: it's not the Constitution that gives SCOTUS authority. It's Congress

Take back Congress!
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: KenshiroX

KenshiroX
4 weeks ago#24
IronWolf87 posted...
Yeah, you should be worried too. USA going full fascist ain't great for Canada either.
Or Mexico. What happens if Trump decides he wants to invade it? His worshippers will cheer till they're spitting blood.

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
4 weeks ago#25
Gorsuch also endorsed Rehnquist's position in Bush v. Gore. And Kavanaugh joined his opinion. Both want to prevent governors, state courts, and state agencies from expanding voting rights—and have federal courts decide what how the legislature *really* wanted elections to be run.
We should be extremely worried that Kavanaugh would use this Trumpian rhetoric to describe counting ballots that arrive after Election Day. 18 states and DC count these ballots. Does Kavanaugh think that creates "chaos and suspicions of impropriety"?
With Barrett's vote, the Supreme Court is poised to become a Supreme Board of Elections with freewheeling power to stomp on state courts that try to protect voting rights. What Kavanaugh and Gorsuch did tonight is a five-alarm fire for democracy. slate.com/news

Oh, f***, Trump wins, it's confirmed. Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Alito, Thomas, and Barrett will all vote to throw out all ballots that arrived after election day via a 5-3 vote. Ugh. f***!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
4 weeks ago#26
So does this ruling mean that this applies to every state or just WI?

Basically every state that instituted widespread provisional absentee/mail-in-ballots this year.
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: Unknown361

Unknown361
4 weeks ago#27
Real patriots would rise up and force these traitors out of power and install someone that cares about America democracy and free election, let's see what happens next week.
Do you know the way?

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
4 weeks ago#28
Hyena 20 posted...
Oh, f***, Trump wins, it's confirmed. Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Alito, Thomas, and Barrett will all vote to throw out all ballots that arrived after election day via a 5-3 vote. Ugh. f***!!!!!!!!!!!!

That arrived after election day?
Try that haven't been counted by Thursday no matter when they were sent.
They're not going to paw at the mail in ballots if they touch them.

They're going to burn them.

Trump, difficult as it is to estimate, is estimated to be ahead in PA by SIXTEEN points on election night, while Biden then gradually has a TWENTY ONE point swing.

Their goal, should they choose to accept it, is to stop that swing by saying it's too suspicious to count.

Their two goals will be to enforce republican tossing out of ballots for having "irregularities" like "mismatched" signatures, then their other goal is to call the "blue shift" too suspicious and end the counting.
You're not vulnerable, but they like to say the vulnerable, but you're the least vulnerable but for this one thing you are vulnerable--dexamethasone

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
4 weeks ago#29
JaeredMack posted...
We literally have Trump supporters for some reason.
What the f***?
But, yeah, this is the plan and has always clearly been the plan and it's why we need to heed Nancy's words and not trust the mail this close to the election. At this point, everyone who hasn't voted has to vote in person to make sure it counts.

User Info: Clutch

Clutch
4 weeks ago#30
Those States want to avoid the chaos and suspicions of impropriety that can ensue if thousands of absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election. And those States also want to be able to definitively announce the results of the election on election night, or as soon as possible thereafter. Moreover, particularly in a Presidential election, counting all the votes quickly can help the State promptly resolve any disputes, address any need for recounts, and begin the process of canvassing and certifying the election results in an expeditious manner. See 3 U. S. C. §5. The States are aware of the risks described by Professor Pildes: “[L]ate-arriving ballots open up one of the greatest risks of what might, in our era of hyperpolarized political parties and existential politics, destabilize the election result. If the apparent winner the morning after the election ends up losing due to late-arriving ballots, charges of a rigged election could explode.” Pildes, How to Accommodate a Massive Surge in Absentee Voting, U. Chi. L. Rev. Online (June 26, 2020) (online source archived at www.supremecourt.gov). The “longer after Election Day any significant changes in vote totals take place, the greater the risk that the losing side will cry that the election has been stolen.” Ibid.

I’m not seeing the controversy here.
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Kavanaugh shows his radical opposition to voting rights
  • Topic Archived