This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 1200 dollars isn't the same for every state.

User Info: boshafty

boshafty
2 months ago#1
It sucks but 1200 in the south will go father than 1200 in CA or NY.
I don't like your opinion so I am going to ignore you and then tattle tale on you to the mods.
PSN boshafty1 https://psnprofiles.com/boshafty1

User Info: ExtremeLuchador

ExtremeLuchador
2 months ago#2
Landlords in the south jacking up their rents too.
"It was horrible," guard Jeff McInnis said.
"I took 100 naps and we were still in the air."

User Info: Horridhal

Horridhal
2 months ago#3
And? Certain states or people in certain states don’t deserve more than people in other states.
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
#'s are stupid. I don't watch YouTube links posted in threads.

User Info: pnut027

pnut027
2 months ago#4
Horridhal posted...
And? Certain states or people in certain states don’t deserve more than people in other states.
Eh, cost of living is a real thing.
Eat the Boomers

User Info: Anarchy_Juiblex

Anarchy_Juiblex
2 months ago#5
Horridhal posted...

"You should subsidize my choice to live in more desirable areas."

lol
The far left is its own worst enemy on passing stuff like this. :\

This talking point about cost of living poisons the conversation on everything. And what's worse, they don't even see how it's anti-progressive because it redistributes & concentrates wealth; at first geographically but then by people.
Our economy is a trickle up one, so putting more money into a smaller geographical region only means the wealth people there are going to get it.

Spreading it out, truly evenly, makes the rest of the country better.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#Steelmanning
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity

User Info: KoolAssAssassin

KoolAssAssassin
2 months ago#6
boshafty posted...
It sucks but 1200 in the south will go father than 1200 in CA or NY.

You're looking at it wrong. Yes $1200 won't go as far in the CA as GA, but people in CA would still like to have that money. The bigger problem is the requirements. Unless they changed them, if you make 100K, you don't get anything as a single person. In GA that MIGHT be reasonable, but in parts of CA 100K is nothing, and certainly not a big enough salary to determine that those people don't need any help.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm

User Info: Horridhal

Horridhal
2 months ago#7
pnut027 posted...
Eh, cost of living is a real thing.

I’d be fine with the amounts being raised across the board. I’m far less fine with someone in New York getting more solely on the basis that they live in New York.

The simple fact is that it either needs to be equal down the line or not happen at all.
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
#'s are stupid. I don't watch YouTube links posted in threads.

User Info: pnut027

pnut027
2 months ago#8
Anarchy_Juiblex posted...
"You should subsidize my choice to live in more desirable areas."

lol
The far left is its own worst enemy on passing stuff like this. :\

This talking point about cost of living poisons the conversation on everything. And what's worse, they don't even see how it's anti-progressive because it redistributes & concentrates wealth; at first geographically but then by people.
Our economy is a trickle up one, so putting more money into a smaller geographical region only means the wealth people there are going to get it.

Spreading it out, truly evenly, makes the rest of the country better.
People go where the jobs are. It turns out, the jobs are in high cost of living areas.

Blame your precious corporations for that.
Eat the Boomers

User Info: CommonJoe

CommonJoe
2 months ago#9
Horridhal posted...
I’d be fine with the amounts being raised across the board. I’m far less fine with someone in New York getting more solely on the basis that they live in New York.

The simple fact is that it either needs to be equal down the line or not happen at all.

Equity is better than equality. Your entire reasoning is based on blatant jealousy.
Tribalism is bad mkay. Shouldnt have to explain that.

User Info: nobleismyname

nobleismyname
2 months ago#10
Horridhal posted...

This is an interesting take. Do you believe the same should be true for all laws/regulations/what have you?
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 1200 dollars isn't the same for every state.
  • Topic Archived