This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Establishment Dems when Kavanaugh is accused of rape: Must be true

User Info: PreacherBeelze

PreacherBeelze
1 week ago#51
No one says “believe all women” so this is flawed from the get go...
I'm a painter, http://m.imgur.com/BNh6Uzk

User Info: BathroomWater

BathroomWater
1 week ago#52
TonyKojima posted...
Another Bernie Bro /right wing smear that falls flat lol. Bernie got destroyed the primaries arw over.

You treat politics like you're cheering for your favorite football team so, lol.
"I have a basic understanding of economics."
-Broseph_Stalin

User Info: bfslick50

bfslick50
1 week ago#53
TC has clearly never heard of Al Franklin. Democrats have no problem kicking out one of their own.
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama

User Info: hivebent4life

hivebent4life
1 week ago#54
bfslick50 posted...
TC has clearly never heard of Al Franklin. Democrats have no problem kicking out one of their own.
I remember many neolib posters on here saying that he should have stayed on.
~Hivebent4Life
3DS FC: 5069-3910-2647

User Info: bfslick50

bfslick50
1 week ago#55
hivebent4life posted...
I remember many neolib posters on here saying that he should have stayed on.
A lot of Democrats said Franklin should leave the Senate. Franklin was leading the resistance against Trump and on track to be the Democrat nominee, but that all changed. Every Republican had Kavanaugh's back. Republicans don't give a s*** as long as it's their guy. Only when it's pedophilia with Roy Moore did Republicans finally back off of their support and even then it was just a slower turnout in the polls and not loud denouncments.
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama

User Info: Newhopes

Newhopes
1 week ago#56
Liberals are hypocrites, get used to it.

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
1 week ago#57
It doesn't seem credible but investigate it.
If he's guilty I won't vote for a rapist, it's just too bad Republicans don't have a problem with it
"No merkins? Fie on thee." - zhukov1943
WoT

User Info: hivebent4life

hivebent4life
1 week ago#58
Sczoyd posted...
It doesn't seem credible but investigate it.
If he's guilty I won't vote for a rapist, it's just too bad Republicans don't have a problem with it
It's too bad that American democracy is so broken that the choice we get offered is between two dementia addled rapists.
~Hivebent4Life
3DS FC: 5069-3910-2647

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
1 week ago#59
Sczoyd posted...

Imagine if the Party of Family Values shared your conviction.

Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’” Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana’s deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.

Then, after an undisclosed settlement with Trump, Ivana said this...

During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me.

I wish to say that on one occasion during 1989, Mr Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage.

As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness which he normally exhibited toward me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.

Any contrary conclusion would be an incorrect and most unfortunate interpretation of my statement which I do not want to be interpreted in a speculative fashion and I do not want the press or media to misconstrue any of the facts set forth above.

All I wish is for this matter to be put to rest.

Then Trump's lawyer said this...

Understand that by very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.

User Info: Ryan914

Ryan914
1 week ago#60
Kradek posted...
I understand why certain people may be trying to stick it to board Dems over #metoo or #believeher, but I was one of the people saying to investigate all claims from the start, and when things didn't look good for Kavanaugh's accusers I wasn't one of the people insisting others still believe her (them) when it started coming out that some of the extra women tacked onto the investigation were shown as discredible.

Indeed. Also the woman could have talked about this even before Kavenaugh was nominated, why did she wait until that moment to bring it forward? She could have done it a year or two ago. Just the timing is what sort of made it all discredited in my eyes. Just how she did it was scummy, she could have done it earlier and it would have held a LOT more water as there would be no real motive beyond than "Bringing Kavenaugh to Justice" as they would have wanted. Her actions don't do women who have been victimized any justice, in fact it mocks the very justice victims seek as another opportunist abuses and exploits trust in a system meant to help the victimized.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Establishment Dems when Kavanaugh is accused of rape: Must be true
  • Topic Archived