This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Biden allegedly requesting sit-down debate format.

User Info: Infost

Infost
5 months ago#1
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/07/bernie-sanders-joe-biden-arizona-debate-123467

Bernie Sanders wants to stand up at the next debate — and his campaign is accusing Joe Biden of wanting to sit down.

After a private call Friday with CNN, which is moderating the March 15 debate with the Democratic National Committee, Sanders' team balked at a new proposed format for debate, saying it gives his opponent Biden too much of a break in their first one-on-one face-off. Biden’s camp denied that it was pressing for a sit-down debate.

The format for the next debate in Arizona — their first since Biden’s blowout Super Tuesday victories — would have the candidates seated for the first time this election cycle and take multiple questions from the audience. In the prior 10 debates, the candidates stood at lecterns and nearly all questions were asked by the professional moderators.

“Why does Joe Biden not want to stand toe-to-toe with Sen. Sanders on the debate stage March 15 and have an opportunity to defend his record and articulate his vision for the future?” asked Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ senior adviser.

Biden’s campaign and the DNC said the format for the debate was decided by the party and CNN. The news network declined to comment and referred questions to the DNC.

“We will participate in whatever debate CNN choses to stage: standing, sitting, at podiums, or in a town hall,” Biden’s deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said. “The problem for the Sanders campaign is not the staging of the debate, but rather, the weakness of Sen. Sanders’ record and ideas.”

The Sanders campaign’s accusations unfold just as his supporters and some Republicans have stepped up their criticisms of the 77-year-old Biden’s physical fitness and mental acuity after lapses on the campaign trail and multiple poor debate performances.

They should just stand as they've been doing. I sure hope these accusations are false, and Biden isn't behind the debate being scheduled this way, lest he lend credence to Trump's "Sleepy Joe"...
Filler sig.

User Info: MechanicalWall

MechanicalWall
5 months ago#2
I mean they're both f***ing ancient, I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie is secretly relieved
If you're only on this board to whine about "SJWs", please redirect whatever you type on to the nearest trash can. And hop in after it.

User Info: infamous5445

infamous5445
5 months ago#3
The link literally says CNN and DNC changed the format.

User Info: Infost

Infost
5 months ago#4
infamous5445 posted...
The link literally says CNN and DNC changed the format.

It says that the Bernie team is accusing Biden of getting them to do so. Dunno if it's true or not but they're making the claim.
Filler sig.

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
5 months ago#5
We already have a topic on this
https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
5 months ago#6
The last sit down debate Biden did was Paul Ryan.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
5 months ago#7
They literally always have a sit down debate like this later in the primary’s
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
5 months ago#8
A sit down debate would be a better unity environment. You should never stand and have conversations if the goal is reconciliation and unity
Schiff: We're better than that
Morgan Freeman: But they were not better than that. That night saw 4 new articles of impeachment and Jim Jordan fought a raccoon

User Info: CommonJoe

CommonJoe
5 months ago#9
benjjjamin posted...
A sit down debate would be a better unity environment. You should never stand and have conversations if the goal is reconciliation and unity

Bruh.
Tribalism is bad mkay. Shouldnt have to explain that.

User Info: aarrgus

aarrgus
5 months ago#10
Infost posted...
It says that the Bernie team is accusing Biden of getting them to do so. Dunno if it's true or not but they're making the claim.

Bernie's team agreed to it... then they turned around and blamed the agreement on a "junior staffer".

Last night I was lying in bed, staring at the stars, and I wondered... Where the **** is my roof?
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Biden allegedly requesting sit-down debate format.
  • Topic Archived