This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Sanders Tells Supporters to Stop Being a******s

User Info: Noob__Smoke

Noob__Smoke
4 days ago#51
Also I'd like point out how from a sheer logistics stand point its impossible to monitor literally millions of people with billions of messages. And make no mistake the establishment knows that is impossible from a logistics standpoint.
LightSnake posted...
No, I want specifics. When did this actually happen? Which elections did it cost in? Because I have a pretty decent understanding of electoral history from 2000 to present.

I'd say a big reason why the house lost a lot of seats that Obama was able to push and win in 2008 was due to the Democrats basically losing their edge and their desire to the Tea Party. Gerrymandering absolutely played a part, don't get me wrong, but they had a chance to continue on the momentum he had built but the party folded and couldn't keep the anger and desire alive. I'd also say that John Kerry was the perfect example of the worst the party could have nominated in 04 at a time where they needed more of a fighter to push back against Bush and instead settled for a milquetoast nominee.

And I fear we're heading down the same path if it's not Biden or Sanders against Trump. The whole "rise above, we go high when they go low" stuff doesn't work against someone like Trump and the modern GOP. You have to be able to swing back, get muddied and dirtied, and do everything possible to take power back against people like that.
https://twitter.com/bastardspod
Buy bolt cutters and machetes

User Info: Noob__Smoke

Noob__Smoke
4 days ago#53
SunburnCostanza posted...
Would you vote for Pete or Warren vs Trump if they were the nominee in the general?

If not you arent a liberal or a progressive, just a Sanders fanboy who wants the democratic party to play it your way.

I'm a fan of "they go low we go high", I think it's part of the reason democrats generally outnumber Republicans in America. I agree that they should play dirtier against republicans. Vs eachother? I'm fine to keep it classy.
Well I'm not. We are at a civil war in addition to the war we are at with republcians. Our two views of the future of the democratic party are incapable. If you dont want to fight, fine. Step out of the way.
SunburnCostanza posted...
Would you vote for Pete or Warren vs Trump if they were the nominee in the general?

I've said at least a dozen times I'd support either against Trump, I just seriously worry about their chances. Hell, I've said I'm far more in the pragmatic Warren camp than Bernie, I just feel he's got a far better chance and ran a far better campaign than her's which has blown up in her face. The only nominee I'm not voting for, and as a NY resident it really doesn't matter, is Bloomberg. Because f*** him

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
4 days ago#55
EvenSpoonier posted...
Sanders denouncing and disowning the BernieBros, huh? That's a genuine positive step. Good for him. Hope he keeps it up.

He does this like every few months or so
Yes we're being condescending
Yes that means we're talking down to you

User Info: MechanicalWall

MechanicalWall
4 days ago#56
Some of you are being so willfully ignorant. Sanders isn't talking about 'correctly pointing out someone's record' when he says harassment and you f***ing know, and you pretending that's all people are doing online is so disingenuous.
If you're only on this board to whine about "SJWs", please redirect whatever you type on to the nearest trash can. And hop in after it.

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
4 days ago#57
MechanicalWall posted...
Some of you are being so willfully ignorant. Sanders isn't talking about 'correctly pointing out someone's record' when he says harassment and you f***ing know, and you pretending that's all people are doing online is so disingenuous.

I thik it's fair to point out that a number of people on twitter who claim they're being harrassed are really just getting called out on a bad take. I've seen people on twitter claim they're harrassed over a level of negativity you find on 261 on a daily basis where we just call each other jackasses
Yes we're being condescending
Yes that means we're talking down to you
MechanicalWall posted...

Getting ratioed in your Twitter mentions is not harassment. s***, having people call you a "stupid a******" or "smooth brain" or "worms in your brain" or sending poop emjoiis or whatever is not harassment. Anyone who has played online games or posted on forums like this since they've became a thing has has to deal with that s***, people need to get over the toxicity you find on Twitter or log the f*** off.

User Info: MechanicalWall

MechanicalWall
4 days ago#59
TheFuzz3451 posted...
I thik it's fair to point out that a number of people on twitter who claim they're being harrassed are really just getting called out on a bad take. I've seen people on twitter claim they're harrassed over a level of negativity you find on 261 on a daily basis where we just call each other jackasses
But that's not what he means. People crying wolf is one thing, but pretending that's all that's going on is a deliberate obfuscation of the issue.
If you're only on this board to whine about "SJWs", please redirect whatever you type on to the nearest trash can. And hop in after it.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
4 days ago#60
I'm pretty sure Hillary supporters are more annoying than Bernie supporters could ever dream to be.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Sanders Tells Supporters to Stop Being a******s
  • Post New Message