This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If Trump is ending wars/ removing support for allies, how come military budget..

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
1 month ago#11
lydiaquayle posted...
WTF are you talking about? Fighting this is a central plank of Democrat's platform.

They're doing a bang up job there.
Good to know you want me enslaved, bills. I'm not going back in chains, no matter how much you desire it. -GFAQs Activist Ed

User Info: Disengaged

Disengaged
1 month ago#12
lydiaquayle posted...
Obama decreased the military portion of the budget for 2011, 12, and 13.

Sure did, put caps on both military and domestic spending that were supposed to save a total of $2 trillion over 10 years. Half that figure was to come from the Pentagon, as well as from nuclear-weapons spending at the Department of Energy. As it happened, though, there was a huge loophole: The war budget was exempt from the caps. The Pentagon promptly began to put tens of billions of dollars into it for pet projects that had nothing whatsoever to do with current wars (and the process has not stopped). The level of abuse of this fund remained largely secret for years, with the Pentagon admitting only in 2016 that just half the money in the OCO went to actual wars, prompting critics and numerous members of Congress—including then-Representative Mick Mulvaney, now President Donald Trump’s latest chief of staff—to dub it a “slush fund.”
This is my signature. You read my signature. It sucked.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#13
Trump also campaigned on our military being in tatters or whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If Trump is ending wars/ removing support for allies, how come military budget..
  • Topic Archived