This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Let's pretend that Republicans are 100% right on impeachment.

User Info: DrascalKiller

DrascalKiller
1 month ago#1
Who do you side with in the 2020 elections? - Results (132 votes)
Democrats
74.24% (98 votes)
Republicans
25.76% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's say all of the obfuscation and conspiracy is real. Let's say this really is a coup and not a constitutional function of the House, and that the Democrats are lying about the president being corrupt. Do you switch sides in 2020? If so why? If not why?

Personally, even if all the seemingly ridiculous behavior by Republicans is actually legitimate, I don't care. Until they update their views on race, economics, healthcare, gender, and governance in general I'm not interested.

Also, I didn't make any 3rd party options because I didn't want to. Just pick a side already

User Info: dario1101

dario1101
1 month ago#2
I'm having such a hard time thinking about this hypothetical because the truth is out there, and it has the power to break our country.
The Arc of the Moral Universe Is Long, But It Bends Toward Justice
(~Board213~)

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 month ago#3
There might be a case for going with the GOP in 2024, but in 2020 it's still Trump, and even if nothing regarding the impeachment is true, he's still worse than anyone the Dems might put up.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

DrascalKiller
1 month ago#4
dario1101 posted...
I'm having such a hard time thinking about this hypothetical because the truth is out there, and it has the power to break our country.

I mean the truth is legitimately out there and in the open, just pretend that the opposite is true and then pick Dem or Rep. Also don't be so dramatic

User Info: GEKGanon

GEKGanon
1 month ago#5
If the Republicans are 100% right on impeachment, I want them to remember this.

If a future Democrat president ever contacts a foreign nation to investigate a political rival and to interfere in our election process, the Republicans will just need to get over it, because it is clearly allowable.

And should any Republicans attempt to investigate any Democrat in the future, and the Democrats simply refuse to turn over evidence, documents, witnesses, adhere to subpoenas, or refuse to participate in any way, the Republicans are just going to have to eat that steaming bowl of s***, because they have set the precedent that this is allowable.
Steam Name: gekganon

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
1 month ago#6
GEKGanon posted...
If the Republicans are 100% right on impeachment, I want them to remember this.

If a future Democrat president ever contacts a foreign nation to investigate a political rival and to interfere in our election process, the Republicans will just need to get over it, because it is clearly allowable.

And should any Republicans attempt to investigate any Democrat in the future, and the Democrats simply refuse to turn over evidence, documents, witnesses, adhere to subpoenas, or refuse to participate in any way, the Republicans are just going to have to eat that steaming bowl of s***, because they have set the precedent that this is allowable.
This is how a democracy topples
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
1 month ago#7
luigi33 posted...
Talking about democracy in the US while this GOP is a viable national party is already a bad joke.

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
1 month ago#8
Partly depends on which part they would hypothetically be right about because they change their defense every week or so...

But say the Democrats are all, I don't know, making it up or misconstruing it, it would definitely lower my opinion of some of the Democrats, but it wouldn't change that Trump is a bad president who has done other unethical things
"No merkins? Fie on thee." - zhukov1943
WoT

DrascalKiller
1 month ago#9
luigi33 posted...

Care to elaborate?

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
1 month ago#10
Let's pretend that 2+2 is 5, the topic. Counterfactuals that are this extreme are pointless.

May as well as how civilization would be different if humans were hexapods.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Let's pretend that Republicans are 100% right on impeachment.
  • Topic Archived