This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. DeSantis lawyer suggests in court he wants Amendment 4 voided

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
1 month ago#1
https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1202242162491940866

f*** the will of the people, am I right?
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: dario1101

dario1101
1 month ago#2
The f***? Does he have the power to do that?
The Arc of the Moral Universe Is Long, But It Bends Toward Justice
(~Board213~)

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966
1 month ago#3
If that happens, there will be no doubt be a coup against the government. But the chances are slim to none.
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5951 my Mario Boards profile.
Official George Jones of the Ultimate board

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
1 month ago#4
This suggests to me that Amendment 4 really is bad for the GOP's future election prospects.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 month ago#5
That's a kickass amendment leave it alone
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free.
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.

User Info: Jell-O_Mew

Jell-O_Mew
1 month ago#6
dario1101 posted...

Depends, does he have a Republican house and Senate majority, along with Trump's blessing?

User Info: superbot400

superbot400
1 month ago#7
dario1101 posted...

Because he has a trifecta in state goverment, so Florida Replubcian can make a law to void the amendment
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
1 month ago#8
dario1101 posted...

Hinkle, the judge here, is ruling that DeSantis and the Florida GOP need to come up with a way, after passing that law about felons needing to pay all prior debts, for felons to prove they are unable to pay the financial obligations because it would be unconstitutional to deny them the right to vote in that case.

DeSantis lawyer is arguing that Hinkle's ruling could make part of the amendment void, aka unconstitutional, and under Florida law that would make the entire amendment unconstitutional.

It's a bulls*** loophole they're trying to use to eradicate the entire amendment.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
1 month ago#9
I can’t say I’m surprised. There’s no greater threat to Republican rule than higher voter turnout.
Taxes, death, and trouble.
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
1 month ago#10
Looks like we will have to make a new Amendment 4 that lists financial penalties as irrelevant AND any State Representative, Senator, or Governor who tries to outlaw or hinder the amendment immediately vacates their seat.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. DeSantis lawyer suggests in court he wants Amendment 4 voided
  • Topic Archived