This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Lets have a honest topic about "lesser of two evils" mentality voting.

User Info: Noob__Smoke

Noob__Smoke
1 week ago#1
This isn't just a topic about establishment dems or republicans gas lighting others in the their party to support anyone as long as they're not the opposition.

Its also a topic about philosophy, idealism vs pragmatism. About conviction of beliefs and duty to participate.

So lets kick it off with one of this boards most popular in fights.

I'm a Bernie supporter, if he, or at the very least Warren does not get the nomination I will abstain from voting or at least write in a candidate for president while voting for local and congressional elections.

Now that sentence usually results in a flurry of insults from people who say that not voting or voting 3rd party is the same as voting Trump.

No. Its not. I'm also not responsible for putting kids in cages just because I don't vote for someone whom I feel does not reflect my values or represent my needs.

Balls in your court.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 week ago#2
People who still refuse to vote against the worst president in history are just as bad as Trump voters. You don't care about liberal policy, you just care about spiting something intangible that nobody cares about. In 20 years nobody will care that you spited Hillary or Biden or whomever, they'll just remember that you helped Trump win twice.
"Tether even a roasted chicken."
- Yamamote Tsunetomo

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
1 week ago#3
Trump supporters are the only ones responsible for putting kids in concentration camps. Lets not get that twisted.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
1 week ago#4
Berniebros were warned that Trump winning would result in harsh immigration policy. They didn't care. They still don't care.
"Tether even a roasted chicken."
- Yamamote Tsunetomo

Noob__Smoke
1 week ago#5
sfcalimari posted...
People who still refuse to vote against the worst president in history are just as bad as Trump voters.

The fact that you think this is an acceptable statement is why we're likely to not change our minds either.

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 week ago#6
Vote in the primary if you hate "lesser of two evils". Make sure it doesn't come down to that choice
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free.
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.

User Info: Shadowsun8

Shadowsun8
1 week ago#7
None of the people you mentioned -- or any of the other leading Democratic candidates -- are "evil" so it's a moot argument.

Noob__Smoke
1 week ago#8
sfcalimari posted...
Berniebros were warned that Trump winning would result in harsh immigration policy. They didn't care. They still don't care.

Is that the litmustest. Prior warning.

Because I'm curious if you differentiate against non voters who didn't vote because they are protesting a candidate or party or a non voter who didn't vote because they simply don't care about politics.

Are both responsible for helping Trump win?

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
1 week ago#9
The only sensible thing to do, in any election, is to vote for whichever person on the ballot you think will do the best job. Even if you think none will do a GOOD job, a bad job is better than a terrible job.

Not voting accomplishes nothing. There's no chance of anyone else getting the job. All you do by not voting is deprive yourself of the opportunity to have a say in your own destiny.
bloop
(edited 1 week ago)

Noob__Smoke
1 week ago#10
Shadowsun8 posted...
None of the people you mentioned -- or any of the other leading Democratic candidates -- are "evil" so it's a moot argument.

lesser or two evils is a philosophic principle. I'm not literally implying that anyone is actually evil. Keep up.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Lets have a honest topic about "lesser of two evils" mentality voting.
  • Post New Message