This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should food for everyone also be a right?

User Info: DullPython

DullPython
2 months ago#1
..... - Results (160 votes)
Yes
75.63% (121 votes)
No
24.38% (39 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Frame this discussion in the same like as Medicare for All.

Should food be considered a basic human right that’s regulated by the government as well? A “Food for All” plan, if you will.

And if so - why in the world does this stance not exist?
Modded for calling someone a glass pane (flaming), for saying a topic headline was stupid (trolling) and that a show was an abortion (offensive to abortions?)

User Info: SuperInfinity46

SuperInfinity46
2 months ago#2
It does already exist. As I explained in the other thread every organization or body in the world from the UN to the EU to even the US consider food a fundamental human right.

Access to food is the very first human right in all of them. What else do you think would be there? Right to own property?!
He who understands baboon would do more towards metaphysics than Locke. - Charles Darwin

User Info: Paper_Okami

Paper_Okami
2 months ago#3
food,water,housing, healthcare

are human rights
"Conceit, arrogance and egotism are the essentials of patriotism"- Emma Goldman
"Wimmy Wham Wham Wozzle!" -Slurms MacKenzie

User Info: EthanSilver

EthanSilver
2 months ago#4
SuperInfinity46 posted...
It does already exist. As I explained in the other thread every organization or body in the world from the UN to the EU to even the US consider food a fundamental human right.

Access to food is the very first human right in all of them. What else do you think would be there? Right to own property?!

Kind of stupid to be for food as a right, because you need it to survive, for your health, yeah?

But then throw a tantrum about it not being so for health insurance, also tied to your health.

Quite the disconnect with some people. Just saying though.

User Info: SuperInfinity46

SuperInfinity46
2 months ago#5
EthanSilver posted...

Kind of stupid to be for food as a right, because you need it to survive, for your health, yeah?

But then throw a tantrum about it not being so for health insurance, also tied to your health.

I think both food and healthcare should be a right. Food first though.
He who understands baboon would do more towards metaphysics than Locke. - Charles Darwin

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
2 months ago#6
EthanSilver posted...

Healthcare is something you may not need. Food you literally need in order for your body to exist. You can die without healthcare for your cancer, but the lack of healthcare itself is not the thing that will kill you. The cancer kills you.

EthanSilver
2 months ago#7
DullPython posted...
why in the world does this stance not exist?

Greed, selfishness. Stupidity. Idk.

But for everyone of those nay sayers, you'll get those that would disagree. So there is hope yet.

Anyway, here in the US we have programs to help those that struggle to feed themselves. I was on for short time when my wife was going to collage and I was out of a job for a bit. Now I don't qualify for it anymore. Worked as intended and I'm grateful for it.

EthanSilver
2 months ago#8
RingsOfUranus posted...
Healthcare is something you may not need.

No s***, but what if you do for your health? Anybody with half a brain understands these little nuances that don't need explaining. Which is why I didn't bother. Minor differences do not make such things invalid.

RingsOfUranus posted...
You can die without healthcare for your cancer, but the lack of healthcare itself is not the thing that will kill you. The cancer kills you.

Yeah thanks for the obvious.

What's next, food is not enough! You actually have to eat it!

User Info: Sensual_T_Rex

Sensual_T_Rex
2 months ago#9
No I hate orphans.
To truly hock a lugee one must not retrieve the phlegm from the throat but from the soul.

EthanSilver
2 months ago#10
Sensual_T_Rex posted...
No I hate orphans.

That doesn't even make sense.

Even for your joke posts, you're usually better then this and can make me laugh sometimes at least.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should food for everyone also be a right?
  • Topic Archived