This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. South Korea signs defense agreement with China because U.S pissed them off.

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
1 month ago#111
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Jolteon posted...
McSame_as_Bush posted...

What a strange reply.

Honestly it's so stupid that I find myself fixating on the fact that he thinks elephants weigh 800 lbs, because there's nothing more to be said after he decided to triple down on not even understanding the basic outline of what TPP was.

ITP: elephants are born as fully grown adults.

Would you rather I'd have gone with "gorilla" instead so you can make some hamfisted link to racist tropes of the 1940's?

Cataclysmical posted...
In this analogy, the US is a peanut while China is an 800 pound elephant.

More like every other nation in Asia, which China can merely drown with raw materials and drown their commodities markets for those raw materials...or does everyone forget when they did that to us around 2010 after buying up what amounted to the entire global supply of iron, aluminium, and copper for the year.

I was selling electrical supplies at the time. The price of a 250' roll of 14/2 Romex that I had previously been selling for ~$19 shot up to almost $100. If I quoted you a price on wire, it was good until closing that day. Forget pricing on aluminum conduit or steel wall boxes.

You can't rein in China by courting it's neighbors when it's neighbor's economic impact is a fraction of theirs, and China is still pulling the strings of literally every facet of their economies. Good luck manufacturing anything to compete with China if China already controls the supply of your raw materials.

dermoratraken posted...
Pretty sure most Democrats were against it. At the very least it's not and never was popular. A more recent perspective on it:
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/trade/tpp/

Trump was against it, so it must have been the right thing to do! --261 libs.

So since you're dodging, I'll ask again: Now that you know that the TPP does the opposite of what you thought it did, do you still stand by Trump's decision?
Darkness and forests grant you
the longest face made for porridge and stew.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#112
McSame_as_Bush posted...
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Jolteon posted...
McSame_as_Bush posted...

What a strange reply.

Honestly it's so stupid that I find myself fixating on the fact that he thinks elephants weigh 800 lbs, because there's nothing more to be said after he decided to triple down on not even understanding the basic outline of what TPP was.

Would you rather I'd have gone with "gorilla" instead so you can make some hamfisted link to racist tropes of the 1940's?

Cataclysmical posted...

More like every other nation in Asia, which China can merely drown with raw materials and drown their commodities markets for those raw materials...or does everyone forget when they did that to us around 2010 after buying up what amounted to the entire global supply of iron, aluminium, and copper for the year.

I was selling electrical supplies at the time. The price of a 250' roll of 14/2 Romex that I had previously been selling for ~$19 shot up to almost $100. If I quoted you a price on wire, it was good until closing that day. Forget pricing on aluminum conduit or steel wall boxes.

You can't rein in China by courting it's neighbors when it's neighbor's economic impact is a fraction of theirs, and China is still pulling the strings of literally every facet of their economies. Good luck manufacturing anything to compete with China if China already controls the supply of your raw materials.

dermoratraken posted...
Pretty sure most Democrats were against it. At the very least it's not and never was popular. A more recent perspective on it:
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/trade/tpp/

So since you're dodging, I'll ask again: Now that you know that the TPP does the opposite of what you thought it did, do you still stand by Trump's decision?

So let me phrase the question to say something the opposite of what you were saying, as disingenuously as possible as a gotcha, don't you agree, Whiskey? --McSame
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
1 month ago#113
WhiskeyDisk posted...

lmao

It seems kinda mean to be feeding a 6-month-old elephant peanuts when it isn't even close to weaned.

WhiskeyDisk posted...

You've got a serious victim-complex. I'd have rather you done 2 minutes of research and had the class to admit that you were mistaken about the particulars of the TPP instead of making strained analogies.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

McSame_as_Bush
1 month ago#114
WhiskeyDisk posted...
McSame_as_Bush posted...
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Jolteon posted...
McSame_as_Bush posted...

What a strange reply.

Cataclysmical posted...

dermoratraken posted...

So let me phrase the question to say something the opposite of what you were saying, as disingenuously as possible as a gotcha, don't you agree, Whiskey? --McSame

Do you still think China was joining the TPP?

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
1 month ago#115
Aren’t you going to answer his question Whiskey? It’s fair and straightforward.
Taxes, death, and trouble.
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: Unknown831

Unknown831
1 month ago#116
McSame_as_Bush posted...
Do you still think China was joining the TPP?

SaikyoStyle posted...
Aren’t you going to answer his question Whiskey? It’s fair and straightforward.

@WhiskeyDisk

McSame_as_Bush
1 month ago#117
Bump

User Info: TaiIs82

TaiIs82
1 month ago#118
South Korea is currently run by the left wing, so of course they need to remember this next election.
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life,free speech,etc. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1196-
The man who cared too much. Providing trickle-down knowledge since 2009
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. South Korea signs defense agreement with China because U.S pissed them off.
  • Topic Archived