This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Ohio Moves Bill to Allow Students to Be Wrong on Science

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 weeks ago#1
WKRC: “The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the ‘Student Religious Liberties Act.’ Under the law, students can’t be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.”

“Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.”

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-house-passes-bill-allowing-student-answers-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion

What a time to be a Republican. Maybe they should outlaw science in general next?
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away

User Info: wally

wally
3 weeks ago#2
Oh for f***’s sake.
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight

User Info: TonyKojima

TonyKojima
3 weeks ago#3
Teachers should ignore this.
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 weeks ago#4
TonyKojima posted...
Teachers should ignore this.

Any teacher that DOESN'T ignore this should be fired in fact. They are clearly not a science teacher.

"Oh your religious beliefs say that the sun is made up of uranium? Well I guess you get the question correct!
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
3 weeks ago#5
“The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the ‘Student Religious Liberties Act.’ Under the law, students can’t be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.”

So basically Republicans have shifted from conservative to reactionary? Awesome.

User Info: brestugo

brestugo
3 weeks ago#6
This goes against academic integrity. What's next, 2+2 = 5 because Reverend Jackanapes says it's ok? Ohio is just plain stupid lately.
It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog.
(message deleted)

User Info: AngelsNAirwav3s

AngelsNAirwav3s
3 weeks ago#8
brestugo posted...
This goes against academic integrity. What's next, 2+2 = 5 because Reverend Jackanapes says it's ok? Ohio is just plain stupid lately.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/sns-tns-bc-edu-math-racist-20191010-story.html

Could happen lol but from Reverend Al Sharpton
Hello world!

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
3 weeks ago#9
brestugo posted...

Women being the property of their husbands.

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
3 weeks ago#10
This is what the religious whackjobs that have taken over the Republican party have always wanted --- absolute legal protection for their willfully ignorant stupidity.

They even want full credit for drivel like creationism in science classes.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Ohio Moves Bill to Allow Students to Be Wrong on Science
  • Topic Archived