This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So what exactly is so difficult about choosing not to have sex?

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
3 weeks ago#411
Tenlaar posted...
You: Abstinence should be included as an option in sex ed if it's the safest thing.
Lightsnake: You are aware that it is, right?
You: Depends on the state.

I was never taught it in sex ed, and again what is taught depends on the state.

You're literally inferring what you want here in some vain attempt to be right.
Blah

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
3 weeks ago#412
Savoots posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
Stop deflecting and straw-manning.

Exactly, so you basically have nothing other than your usual fake ass high ground bulls***?

You were misrepresenting my opinion because you said my views on sex makes women into second class citizens, and you were wrong because abstaining does no such f***ing thing.

I'm not going to continue to go in circles with you in this topic. Equal rights and not wanting to have women stripped of their rights is not some "fake ass high ground bulls***."

You've represented your views of the practices of sex, pregnancy, and abortion (in this topic and others). I've addressed those viewpoints and instead of engaging in the discussion you've decided to deflect. You can either:

1. Continue down your pathway of deflecting and straw-manning
2. Clarify your position when directly asked (which you refused to do)
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
3 weeks ago#413
Zero_Destroyer posted...
abstinence only education was a massive failure

"Never have sex" education would be a farce
tldr, and this.

also tag for 500 topic! ^_^
have a kirb and a nice day
https://imgur.com/rczB8xu
Game of Hope (\^o^)/ https://youtu.be/tCI396HyhbQ https://imgur.com/RpXoLiP
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> http://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 http://imgur.com/COylKWt

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
3 weeks ago#414
Asherlee10 posted...
I'm not going to continue to go in circles with you in this topic. Equal rights and not wanting to have women stripped of their rights is not some "fake ass high ground bulls***."

You've represented your views of the practices of sex, pregnancy, and abortion (in this topic and others). I've addressed those viewpoints and instead of engaging in the discussion you've decided to deflect. You can either:

1. Continue down your pathway of deflecting and straw-manning
2. Clarify your position when directly asked (which you refused to do)

Answer my question then.

How does abstaining from sex make women into second class citizens?

I'll understand if you won't answer, especially since I didn't respond to your question.

Blah

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
3 weeks ago#415
Savoots posted...
Tenlaar posted...
You: Abstinence should be included as an option in sex ed if it's the safest thing.
Lightsnake: You are aware that it is, right?
You: Depends on the state.

I was never taught it in sex ed, and again what is taught depends on the state.

You're literally inferring what you want here in some vain attempt to be right.

Just back up the claim. That's all
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

User Info: Collat

Collat
3 weeks ago#416
Got a feeling it's extra easy for you.

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
3 weeks ago#417
Asherlee10 posted...
It's like pre-women's rights in this topic. It absolutely is one of the most insulting things to hear as a woman.

Oddly enough, I watched an episode of Outlander last night and an inconsequential character said that exact thing to the main character and it was infuriating just to watch it on a tv show, let alone hear it (see it in this instance) in real life.
Whaaaat?!

Jesus im not sexist at all, I just think they way God made woman with the purpose of creating life is all. Woman should be proud and happy that God made them that way. JC dude.

I once saw a movie where a woman said this exact thing, and it just kind of stuck with me.

EDIT: Also, caring about unborn children is not sexist at all. It just means that I care about unborn children thats all.
While America bleeds from its corruption and incompetence, our people rot in fear as the Wild Hunt rides the sky with every full moon!

User Info: DnDer

DnDer
3 weeks ago#418
thedeerzord posted...
Jesus im not sexist at all, I just think they way God made woman with the purpose of creating life is all. Woman should be proud and happy that God made them that way. JC dude.

Complementarianism is both an accurate scriptural Abrahamic view to take and ridiculously sexist. Two things can true.

thedeerzord posted...
EDIT: Also, caring about unborn children is not sexist at all. It just means that I care about unborn children thats all.

Until and unless that care for unborn children reduces a woman's choice in the matter to "be an incubator" or "go to jail and still be forced to be an incubator."

When your care for the unborn criminalizes a person's self-determinism and bodily autonomy, it becomes sexist.
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
3 weeks ago#419
DnDer posted...
Complementarianism is both an accurate scriptural Abrahamic view to take and ridiculously sexist. Two things can true.
Ok

DnDer posted...
When your care for the unborn criminalizes a person's self-determinism and bodily autonomy, it becomes sexist.
You talk as if I have a massive hatred for women, lol.

If, hypothetically, a man(through the means of magic) gets pregnant and decides to have an abortion, I would be against that as well even though he is a man.

If pregnancy were to apply to both women and men, I would be against abortions for BOTH genders(and if you wanna include transgenders as well than we can do that to)

While America bleeds from its corruption and incompetence, our people rot in fear as the Wild Hunt rides the sky with every full moon!

User Info: DullPython

DullPython
3 weeks ago#420
I honestly do not care that people want to have sex. Do whatever you want, when you want.

The thing that blows my mind is when someone gets pregnant after unprotected sex and then is confused that it happened. How do people not realize what the purpose of sex is? Wake up.

(I fully support education of sex, contraception, etc. Educate the masses.)
Modded for calling someone a glass pane (flaming), for saying a topic headline was stupid (trolling) and that a show was an abortion (offensive to abortions?)
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So what exactly is so difficult about choosing not to have sex?
  • Topic Archived