This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 100+ Bombings in 2019 as Sweden struggles to deal with immigrant gang violence

User Info: DnDer

DnDer
2 months ago#91
Heineken14 posted...
DnDer posted...
Enlighten us. Like what?

White culture. He means white culture.

Shh. Let him answer for himself.

I'm hoping for a detailed answer that can help me gain a greater understanding of his position.

It would certainly cut down on people calling him a white supremacist if he could enumerate at least a few of his beliefs here in the forum that could frame why he posts the way he posts.

Maybe we've just been misunderstanding him.

Maybe.
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3

User Info: khunki

khunki
2 months ago#92
Hulkasaurusrex posted...
Funny people deny this it has been reported on and is not uncommon knowledge. But i mean hey the far left are also the ones who go to iraq for vacation and get beheaded and raped after not beleiving it's dangerous. So keep your heads in the sands and keep ignoring innocents being slaughtered you guys are real heroes.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Young-couple-trying-to-prove-human-kindness-among-cyclists-killed-by-ISIS-565055
Arguing on the internet is like arguing with the graffiti in public restrooms.
Radicalism is synonymous with anger, bitterness, envy and stupidity.

User Info: Hulkasaurusrex

Hulkasaurusrex
2 months ago#93
khunki posted...
Hulkasaurusrex posted...
Funny people deny this it has been reported on and is not uncommon knowledge. But i mean hey the far left are also the ones who go to iraq for vacation and get beheaded and raped after not beleiving it's dangerous. So keep your heads in the sands and keep ignoring innocents being slaughtered you guys are real heroes.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Young-couple-trying-to-prove-human-kindness-among-cyclists-killed-by-ISIS-565055

Thanks for the info assist homie. There are lots of these out there too. The world don't care about your view of the world it is still gonna be what it is.

User Info: Shadilay

Shadilay
2 months ago#94
Hulkasaurusrex posted...
khunki posted...
Hulkasaurusrex posted...

Thanks for the info assist homie. There are lots of these out there too. The world don't care about your view of the world it is still gonna be what it is.

They at least had the fortune of dying with their bodies intact. These women weren't so lucky, and their killers gloated about it posting their handywork on the victims' mothers' facebook page.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sick-pictures-tourists-slaughtered-morocco-13763956
(message deleted)

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
2 months ago#96
the final bahamut posted...
WTGHookshot posted...
the final bahamut posted...
KaptainKiro posted...
cabcalloway1983 posted...
Taking race completely out of things having secure borders is key to a successful country.

It's funny how all these European countries that the left wants America to emulate have this yet they never want to take on that characteristic.

In the US in 2018, there were 289 bombings. Or rather I should say 298 exploded bombings, whereas there was 666 IEDs and 3564 "explosives" that were recovered before they exploded.
It turns out bombs are a way of life in the us too.

With regards to the IEDs and "explosives," are we talking intended for violence? Or just in general?

I can't find data on that, but IEDs are listed separate from both commercial and homemade fireworks. However, considering the other categories I don't really see why someone would make something that they classify as IEDs without it being intended for violence. "Explosions" cover a whole slew of things, but elsewhere in the data they state that the "majority" of the explosion category were bombings, but they don't indicate anything about percentages. The "blowing stuff for fun" category seems to be stuff that would largely be covered by the explosives category though.

I ask for the distinction because I've known a number of my fellow Americans to craft explosives to just blow up things on their own property for fun, not with the intention to hurt anyone. So, I'm curious if that statistic is based on intended violence or not.

Well, Bob and Ted making a manure bomb out on the farm wouldn't really figure here. These cover nothing where the authorities weren't directly involved, and as should be visible from the previous data, the IEDs and the "Explosives" were all "recovered" meaning someone involved the authorities who manage to prevent and isolate the explosive device before it asplode. That really doesn't sound like couple of good time booms in the yard.
It should also be noted that the Swedish numbers seem to cover a broad scope of things, including buildings that were bombed at times when it was known no one would be in it, so it might be less that someone set us up the bomb and more someone who's non-violent pyromantic proclivities were taken a bit too far.

Thanks for the info.

Like I said, I was just curious. I remember growing up and kids would make homemade "explosives" and blow up people's mailboxes as a prank or go out back in a sand pit with a homemade "explosive" and watch it, say, blow up an old worn out couch or whatever. I wasn't sure if that type of stuff would factor into those numbers or not. If it does, it just has me curious what the percentage of those numbers are for violent acts (i.e., intentionally trying to harm someone physically).
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: untrustful

untrustful
2 months ago#97
Peter_19 posted...
He is so blinded by "kindness" and "compassion"
Damn those positive virtues. We should strive to be unkind and have no sympathy!
My Mario Maker Levels
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/untrustful?type=posted

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
2 months ago#98
untrustful posted...
Peter_19 posted...
He is so blinded by "kindness" and "compassion"
Damn those positive virtues. We should strive to be unkind and have no sympathy!

You completely misunderstood what I was saying.

There is such a thing as "balance";
I would be super-kind if I gave away everything I owned to random people, but I am not gonna do that.
In a similar way, there should be a balance to how many people you accept into a country at any given time, because a country cannot take care of a huge number off people all at once.
Those kinds of things have to be planned properly, otherwise nothing will work because there are too many people in the same place.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.

User Info: Jaded_Dragon

Jaded_Dragon
2 months ago#99
Fatal shootings ascribed by police to criminal networks have surged from an annual average of about four 20 years ago to more than 40 in 2018, official figures show.

Imagine only having 40 shooting deaths in a year.

So there appears to be several things going on in these articles. First and foremost is a misleading use of facts. Saying things like theft has increased 10x over the last 4 years sounds incredibly scary. But when you increase from 1 theft a year to 10 thefts a year, you suddenly realize it's not a big of an issue or as much of an increase as you may have been led to believe.

That being said, (can't believe I'm saying this) literal bombs going off is not a good thing. It doesn't matter if they're being used in uninhabited buildings or whatever. Eventually, the building won't be uninhabited.

Overall it sounds as if Sweden let in a bunch of immigrants and either A) Felt their infrastructure was sufficient enough to support it, or B) Have been slow to respond to the increased population needs. After reading both articles and following up with a bit of additional research, it sounds like it's more B than A. They don't have enough police to respond to incidents and they don't have enough resources allocated to immediately resolve the issue.

It also appears that a plan has been drafted to address the problems, so we'll have to see how that goes.

All of that being said, I get the overall point of this thread is to say "Look see, immigrants are bad and violent." And then follow it up with the usual alt right talking points of "Preserving Culture" and "Integration", or in the case of one poster that I don't care to go back and pull a direct quote from "People naturally segregate anyway", which is a nice dog whistle for wanting ethnostates.

Nobody is saying Islamic Extremist don't kill people, or that Sharia Law isn't antiquated nonsense. Where I have a problem is people immediately assuming that all Muslims are violent and all want to live under Sharia Law. This would be akin to me assuming that every follower of Catholicism is a child molester because several hundred priest have been outed as diddlers.

tl/dr: Sweden has a problem, the problem was caused by not having the infrastructure to support the mass immigration that they did. It's fixable. Despite the scary headlines, these acts haven't led to deaths, which is good, but it's an issue non-the-less. It's less to do with scary brown people coming into a nice predominantly white country and more to do with being allowed to come in with no plan in place on how to deal with the economical restraints of entering a country with nothing. People don't generally wake up one day and decide they feel like being a criminal for a living. It normally happens over a period of time due to social and economic strain. Again, this is fixable with a plan to help immigrants acclimate.
~ Not changing this until the Madden Franchise has a decent running game!
Started 8/24/2009 --- http://suchanerdpod.podomatic.com/

User Info: FeatherrineAuAu

FeatherrineAuAu
2 months ago#100
kinda weird for chuds to be whinging about muh european identity when we have chuds saying that brexit is based and that the eu is cancer and that merkle is literally hitler

like what

oh yea remember to go vote your local authoritarian nazi freak in your next election.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 100+ Bombings in 2019 as Sweden struggles to deal with immigrant gang violence
  • Topic Archived