This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Anti-Gay Tramps Win Case and are ALLOWED to REFUSE Business to GAY PEOPLE!!!!

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
3 weeks ago#91
drayzon2016 posted...
Businesses have and should have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose. If they lose business it should still be their right to make that choice.

You can already do that. You can't or shouldn't be allowed to refuse business based on sexual orientation. What's next?
You have ZERO plausible deniability. -wordsmith on GFAQs

User Info: CyrusV

CyrusV
3 weeks ago#92
I lean towards "yes". People also have the right to boycott the business which is what I recommend.
"Be excellent to each other... and... PARTY ON DUDES!" -Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
3 weeks ago#93
goooooBills posted...
drayzon2016 posted...
Businesses have and should have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose. If they lose business it should still be their right to make that choice.

You can already do that. You can't or shouldn't be allowed to refuse business based on sexual orientation. What's next?

Exactly.

How is this any different than refusing to serve a customer because of their race? This is discrimination.
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
3 weeks ago#94
Asherlee10 posted...
goooooBills posted...
drayzon2016 posted...

Exactly.

How is this any different than refusing to serve a customer because of their race? This is discrimination.

Yeah...people using religion to mask that makes me sick. Is there anything less godly?
You have ZERO plausible deniability. -wordsmith on GFAQs

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
3 weeks ago#95
If its custom invitations, I unfortunately believe that is fair game.

Still senseless hatred all because of millenia old books written by people trying to validste their beliefs.
"All true Fire Emblem fans hate Fire Emblem" - The Fir Coat
"Close your acount" - KinoTFS

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
3 weeks ago#96
Gee I WONDER what side of the FENCE you RIDE ON!!!!!

They'll do what they do. If someone doesn't want to do work for you for any reason, then go find someone who will. Leave a review somewhere saying you were refused service for the reason you were refused service and spread local word about being refused service and why, then go on your way.

Also abolish marriage anyway.

User Info: EvilTyger

EvilTyger
3 weeks ago#97
Alright, there seems to be some misunderstanding of what is being refused.

This was not a case of someone walking in, grabbing a box of 100 invitations, and taking it to the counter.

In this case, they were asked to design a custom work for this specific event.

They could have spent the time making one look like crap so the customer didn't want it instead.

Similarly, they (or you in a similar situation) can refuse to make items promoting things as well. This can include pro Trump rallies, KKK meetings, or to celebrate the opening of the new coal refinery.

This isn't the 'right to refuse to sell a product', this is the right to not be forced to create a new product.

But the same law that protects this also protects those that refuse to make 'pray the gay away' flyers.

User Info: WarDog2016

WarDog2016
3 weeks ago#98
3127 posted...

So if Trump were to call some female he didn’t like a “tramp” or a “heifer”, it means without a shadow of a doubt (in the minds of the left) that he is a misogynist, but when you use these words to describe Christian women you don’t like, it makes you, what? A champion of lgbtq rights? Lmao

f***ing hypocrites

There's a special kind of a****** among the left that thinks it's okay to be demeaning and arrogant when you know you're right (and these a******s think they're always right).

Example: chic filey guy

User Info: Ashethan

Ashethan
3 weeks ago#99
Christians being bigots? Definitely not surprised. I look forward to opening my own store and refusing to do business with anyone wearing those gaudy cross necklaces.
Board 8 Mafia Archive: ashchive.altervista.org

User Info: 3127

3 weeks ago#100
EvilTyger posted...

This isn't the 'right to refuse to sell a product', this is the right to not be forced to create a new product.

If only more people understood this.

As an artist myself, anyone of any race/ sexuality/ nationality/ gender can purchase paintings or drawings I have already completed. But if someone wants to commission something (like a charcoal drawing, a tattoo, or an oil painting), which I also do if I have the time and if it interests me, I am under no obligation whatsoever to accept their request, and I don’t even have to explain why.

My art is heavily inspired by my religion... which one might describe as a combination of some Abrahamic mythology and some Mesopotamian mythology, combined with my own contributions and evolved through me in a way that is relevant to how I choose to live my life. Ancient gods and goddesses, archdemons, angels of all forms, dragons, religious sigils, depictions of gateways, heavens and hells, the beauty of life, Death always approaching closer and closer, war, order vs chaos, apocalypses, eclipses, balance of darkness and light, dreams and nightmares, visions from music, storms, the skies & the desert and nature, the cosmos, etc.... these are the subjects I enjoy the most. I also love doing portraits and practicing anatomy.

But if someone waltzes up and ‘demands’ any kind of commission from me, I’ll look them in eye and let them know they can go f*** themselves. If they ‘request’ some work that is an obvious attempt at attacking my religion or gods (this is difficult to actually do... good luck with that), then I will probably refuse, unless they are an extremely likeable person, then maybe. I might sneak in some hidden message declaring the the supreme and unrivaled badassery of my God(s). But yeah... I only do art I enjoy working on, that somehow contributes to the rest of it as a whole. I don’t have to create anything for anyone. Ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Anti-Gay Tramps Win Case and are ALLOWED to REFUSE Business to GAY PEOPLE!!!!
  • Topic Archived