The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. FIGHT CLUB was HUGELY anti-capitalist, yet many conservatives loved it.
Barenziah Boy Toy 1 month ago#1
What's with that?
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}

User Info: RingsOfUranus

RingsOfUranus
1 month ago#2
If conservatives disliked every piece of media that had liberal undertones they would not consume media.
Barenziah Boy Toy 1 month ago#3
RingsOfUranus posted...
If conservatives disliked every piece of media that had liberal undertones they would not consume media.

But Hollywood is EVIL !?!

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
1 month ago#4
Fight Club is more of a look at fascism...which then begs the question, why do democrats like it? I think the answer is the same in both cases...a good movie is a good movie. It also had the advantage of not having to contend with social media.

What I'm really interested in is how people in this day and age will respond to Joker next month.
You have ZERO plausible deniability. -wordsmith on GFAQs
Barenziah Boy Toy 1 month ago#5
goooooBills posted...
Fight Club is more of a look at fascism.

Fight Club had nothing to do with fascism dude.

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#6
I think they glossed over that message and went straight to the part about underground fighting bouts. You see, that movie was also about the lost youth, conformism, insecure and repressed masculinity, sense of purpose in life. It resonates with a lot of young people still searching for who they are.

User Info: Dynedux

Dynedux
1 month ago#7
His name is Robert Paulson
The idea of "doxxing" is idiotic. Why should anyone be able to hide behind the anonymity of the internet?-AndreLeGeant

EightySix22
1 month ago#8
goooooBills posted...
Fight Club is more of a look at fascism...which then begs the question, why do democrats like it? I think the answer is the same in both cases...a good movie is a good movie. It also had the advantage of not having to contend with social media.

What I'm really interested in is how people in this day and age will respond to Joker next month.

Wow. You really didn't understand the movie. As a matter of fact, that's the stupidest interpretation I've ever heard.

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
1 month ago#9
EightySix22 posted...
Wow. You really didn't understand the movie. As a matter of fact, that's the stupidest interpretation I've ever heard.

I can't believe you've never heard that interpretation before. Do you know a lot about film? Just Google if Fight Club deals with fascism. You'll be surprised.
You have ZERO plausible deniability. -wordsmith on GFAQs

EightySix22
1 month ago#10
goooooBills posted...
EightySix22 posted...

I can't believe you've never heard that interpretation before. Do you know a lot about film? Just Google if Fight Club deals with fascism. You'll be surprised.

The words you're looking for are "conformism" and "consumerism". This is what you were supposed to take from this movie.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. FIGHT CLUB was HUGELY anti-capitalist, yet many conservatives loved it.
  • Topic Archived