The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Liberals, why is Biden polling so far ahead of everyone else?
UltimaterializerX 1 month ago#1
I don’t dislike the dude, but he’s mad old and just had a blood vessel pop out on live television. There is a clear issue there.

Elizabeth Warren seems like the most electable democrat from the bunch. Why doesn’t the party rally around her instead? Legitimately curious on this one.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png
Barenziah Boy Toy 1 month ago#2
UltimaterializerX posted...
I don’t dislike the dude, but he’s mad old and just had a blood vessel pop out on live television. There is a clear issue there. Elizabeth Warren seems like the most electable democrat from the bunch. Why doesn’t the party rally around her instead? Legitimately curious on this one.

Blacks, hispanics, and limousine liberals tend to vote for the moderate/centrist candidate.
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
1 month ago#3
Name recognition

Obama's friend

Landlines poll old people mostly.

Warren been surging because she's sucking in Kamala supporters. Kamala is funny, she made fun of Tulsi being a second tier candidate and now she is in that tier.

Yang is taking Bernie votes more and more.

User Info: videospirit

videospirit
1 month ago#4
Conservative Democrats

User Info: Tenlaar

Tenlaar
1 month ago#5
UltimaterializerX posted...
he’s mad old

Elizabeth Warren

So if 76 is "mad old", what does that make 70?

User Info: Sariana21

Sariana21
1 month ago#6
People really don’t like change.
___
Sari, Mom to DS (07/04) and DD (01/08); Pronouns: she/her/hers

User Info: UnsteadyOwl

UnsteadyOwl
1 month ago#7
Sariana21 posted...
People really don’t like change.

Seems like what I see a lot is that people want change but they don't want to take risks. But you can't really have one without the other. I know people who don't like the life they're in but they stay in it because it's familiar, it's "safe".

That's how I see Biden. He's the safe choice. He's not proposing big reforms like those other Democratic candidates. He's saying let's just stick to what we've done before.

That's the less risky course, but that's not how we build a better country. That's how we stagnate. The big ideas these other candidates want to try will probably have a lot of problems at first, because that's the nature of trying something new. Heck, they might fail completely. But that's the chance we've got to take if we want to actually change the country. We've got to have the courage to not just play it safe.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 month ago#8
He's the Democrat equivalent to Rudy Giuliani running on "I was the mayor on 9/11!"

.....Except we're falling for it.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: NatsuSama

NatsuSama
4 weeks ago#9
The question has an obvious answer, despite people not wanting to accept it.

If your candidate isnt getting support over someone else, then like it or not, your candidate isnt appealing to them.

To answer your question TC for myself, I dont like candidates who promise the world. Promises that are not likely to pass. It gets people to rally around the thought of it sounding nice but not look at the realism of it ever passing. Idealism over realism essentially. I also find some of her ideas going too far.

May be tough to accept but your candidate isnt what everyone wants.
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT

User Info: NewDarkAges

NewDarkAges
4 weeks ago#10
1. Low information voting majority
2. Name recognition
3. Media telling us that he is “electable”
4. Obama era nostalgia
5. Other neoliberal candidates failing to gain support.
6. Progressive candidates’ positions being misrepresented and smeared by the msm using Republican talking points.
"questioning support for the U.S.- Israel relationship is unacceptable." -- Rep Juan Vargas 10:27 AM - 4 Mar 2019
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Liberals, why is Biden polling so far ahead of everyone else?
  • Topic Archived