This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Ancestry admits to using social justice in their DNA readings

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
5 days ago#31
This is off-topic.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash
PraetorXyn posted...
My main thing about it is that if you use any of those services and later happen to be criminally charged for anything, the prosecution can easily subpoena a DNA sample. If you go through your doctor, you're protected by HIPAA.

and this is bad how? DNA projects have helped solve many crimes, especially cold cases
Frank Gore HOF
WhiskeyDisk posted...
I'm more concerned that these DNA tracking services all have a clause in their TOS about owning the rights to use your genetic information in perpetuity...

and whats your real concern with this? Honestly, I'm curious how you see this impacting you

this biggest issue with this was when that team patented the genes that show a super high chance of breast cancer, so they could charge huge sums. which was incredibly f***ed up
Frank Gore HOF

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
5 days ago#34
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
My main thing about it is that if you use any of those services and later happen to be criminally charged for anything, the prosecution can easily subpoena a DNA sample. If you go through your doctor, you're protected by HIPAA.

and this is bad how? DNA projects have helped solve many crimes, especially cold cases

4th amendment.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: SBBrealquick

SBBrealquick
5 days ago#35
What is TC referring to? Im genuinely curious about this but google shows me nothing.
PraetorXyn posted...
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

4th amendment.

its not a violation. Im asking why you think its bad
Frank Gore HOF

PraetorXyn
5 days ago#37
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

4th amendment.

Why don't you just let them into your house without a warrant if you've nothing to hide?
That's basically what you're arguing.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
5 days ago#38
TheGoldenState posted...
and whats your real concern with this? Honestly, I'm curious how you see this impacting you

Ask Jango Fett 😏
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
PraetorXyn posted...
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

4th amendment.

Why don't you just let them into your house without a warrant if you've nothing to hide?

no im not, you give consent when you submit the dna.
Frank Gore HOF

PraetorXyn
5 days ago#40
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
TheGoldenState posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

4th amendment.

no im not, you give consent when you submit the dna.

You give consent for a company to run a DNA analysis, not for the government to have free access to a DNA sample whenever they want it, and because of that I'm saying people who give that consent are dumb.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Ancestry admits to using social justice in their DNA readings
  • Post New Message