This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Bill Maher keeps bringing on these right wing nutjobs and giving them platforms.

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
5 days ago#201
Red XlV posted...
Tenlaar posted...
Other survey questions were equally ambiguous. Participants were asked if they had ever had sex because someone pressured them by “telling you lies, making promises about the future they knew were untrue?” All affirmative answers were counted as “sexual violence.” Anyone who consented to sex because a suitor wore her or him down by “repeatedly asking” or “showing they were unhappy” was similarly classified as a victim of violence. The CDC effectively set a stage where each step of physical intimacy required a notarized testament of sober consent.

What a horrid monster, having problems with the questions used and clearly giving examples of why that is! I bet she has a dungeon where she keeps women chained up.

Having problems with the fact that the CDC designated all forms of non-consensual sex as rape, that is completely vile on Sommers' part. If you're incapable of consenting, then it's rape. Period, end of story.

This somehow only applies to women I'm guessing. If two drunk people have sex (a huge percentage of the CDC results I'm sure as that's extremely common," I'm guessing you don't think they raped each other.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
5 days ago#202
PraetorXyn posted...
Red XlV posted...
Tenlaar posted...
Other survey questions were equally ambiguous. Participants were asked if they had ever had sex because someone pressured them by “telling you lies, making promises about the future they knew were untrue?” All affirmative answers were counted as “sexual violence.” Anyone who consented to sex because a suitor wore her or him down by “repeatedly asking” or “showing they were unhappy” was similarly classified as a victim of violence. The CDC effectively set a stage where each step of physical intimacy required a notarized testament of sober consent.

What a horrid monster, having problems with the questions used and clearly giving examples of why that is! I bet she has a dungeon where she keeps women chained up.

Having problems with the fact that the CDC designated all forms of non-consensual sex as rape, that is completely vile on Sommers' part. If you're incapable of consenting, then it's rape. Period, end of story.

This somehow only applies to women I'm guessing. If two drunk people have sex (a huge percentage of the CDC results I'm sure as that's extremely common," I'm guessing you don't think they raped each other.

jfc
lolAmerica

PraetorXyn
5 days ago#203
ClayGuida posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
Red XlV posted...
Tenlaar posted...

jfc

Were you unaware drunk people frequently f*** or something?

ClayGuida
5 days ago#204
PraetorXyn posted...
ClayGuida posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
Red XlV posted...
Tenlaar posted...

jfc

Were you unaware drunk people frequently f*** or something?

lol
lolAmerica

User Info: Tenlaar

Tenlaar
5 days ago#205
Red XlV posted...

A woman having a few drinks and then having sex with her husband is not a woman incapable of giving consent being raped, yet is included in those particular statistics as a victim of sexual assault. That is the whole point that she is making.

PraetorXyn
5 days ago#206
Tenlaar posted...
Red XlV posted...

A woman having a few drinks and then having sex with her husband is not a woman incapable of giving consent being raped, yet is included in those particular statistics as a victim of sexual assault. That is the whole point that she is making.

^That.

User Info: Solid Snake07

Solid Snake07
5 days ago#207
Lol, if you think christina Hoff summers is far right you're the one that's out of touch
"People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time"
-Detective Rust Cohle

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
5 days ago#208
Red XlV posted...

I think it's more like her having an issue with what constitutes a sexual act. They reference the hair touching thing. Don't get me wrong, I'd never do that as it's creepy, but it's not sexual assault. She's not even close to being right-wing. And going back to our other topic, the Twitter guy isn't either. Check out who he has contributed to so far.
You have ZERO plausible deniability. -wordsmith on GFAQs
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Red XlV

Red XlV
5 days ago#209
Really, Bills? Sommers is a "resident scholar" of the right-wing American Enterprise Institute, and a contributor to PragerU. And you don't think she's a right-winger?
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida) on the Bush administration

ClayGuida
5 days ago#210
Red XlV posted...
a contributor to PragerU.

wtf? Then yea, no clue why people are rushing to defend her.
lolAmerica
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Bill Maher keeps bringing on these right wing nutjobs and giving them platforms.
  • Post New Message