This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Bernie goes full Trump on Amazon/Bezos/WaPo.

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
1 week ago#81
Triad posted...
Bernie Sanders and his supporters handle criticism a lot worse than everyone else and don't realize they were treated with kid gloves last time. If they think this is bad, just f***in wait, and this is how it works for everyone. I'm just going to laugh at all the complaining because of how naive of it is, but anyone who knows better is being an ass*** for pretending like it's some aberration and a conspiracy against poor old Bernie. Just f***in read some of the s*** they put out there about Clinton last time. Bernie people would have an aneurysm if it were him.

Genuine question to bounce off of this: I think both of us would agree a lot of stuff said about Clinton is blatantly untrue bulls***. Do you think that Clinton would have been worse off if she had people defend her as fervently? Having grown up in the deep south, I know that one of the reasons the GOP has such a stranglehold there now is their relentless victory on framing the issues and the competition, truth be damned, and I can't help but wonder if things would be different with a more aggressive Democratic party.
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: Triad

Triad
1 week ago#82
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...
Bernie Sanders and his supporters handle criticism a lot worse than everyone else and don't realize they were treated with kid gloves last time. If they think this is bad, just f***in wait, and this is how it works for everyone. I'm just going to laugh at all the complaining because of how naive of it is, but anyone who knows better is being an ass*** for pretending like it's some aberration and a conspiracy against poor old Bernie. Just f***in read some of the s*** they put out there about Clinton last time. Bernie people would have an aneurysm if it were him.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm really over 2016, but there's just a lot of anger in this post without any point beyond "But Hillary!"

As for TYT, I liked them at one point then lost all interest. They get a little too conspiratorial to fill time.

She's just an example. It's been there for Biden and will be even more this cycle. I don't care about 2016 anymore because there's not a lot we can do about it, but I think you can see the point I'm making regarding coverage and the way it works.
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
1 week ago#83
Steel_Shadows posted...
Triad posted...

Genuine question to bounce off of this: I think both of us would agree a lot of stuff said about Clinton is blatantly untrue bulls***. Do you think that Clinton would have been worse off if she had people defend her as fervently? Having grown up in the deep south, I know that one of the reasons the GOP has such a stranglehold there now is their relentless victory on framing the issues and the competition, truth be damned, and I can't help but wonder if things would be different with a more aggressive Democratic party.

Might be worth fighting back more, but that's a double edged sword at best.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
1 week ago#84
Triad posted...
Bernie Sanders and his supporters handle criticism a lot worse than everyone else and don't realize they were treated with kid gloves last time.

Whatever you need to tell yourself...

No, Sanders is actually an objectively better candidate based on the stuff people claim they want IE: not beholden to special interests, doesn't flip flop, fights for his constituents....

But that's why the media ultimately try to ignore him or dismiss him, and then ONLY ask tough questions about progressive policies. These media conglomerates have wealthy owners and shareholders...they pay other politicians good money to ensure they pay no taxes, get subsidies, relax regulations, and socialize the losses and operating costs...Bernie is committed to fighting that and they will not stand for it.

But whatever...pretend he's being treated better because they haven't been able to find an effective means to destroy him and he's remained scandal free and takes responsibility for himself and for his campaign subordinates...

When someone is actually morally and ethically better it may appear they get special treatment.
Moderators: Please check to see if I'm describing a widely reported, highly publicized world news event before you rush to moderate me. Thank you.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 week ago#85
Triad posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm really over 2016, but there's just a lot of anger in this post without any point beyond "But Hillary!"

As for TYT, I liked them at one point then lost all interest. They get a little too conspiratorial to fill time.

She's just an example. It's been there for Biden and will be even more this cycle. I don't care about 2016 anymore because there's not a lot we can do about it, but I think you can see the point I'm making regarding coverage and the way it works.

Negative coverage sells. That's the core issue with media. However, I think it is interesting that - merely by focusing on Bernie's criticism of WaPo - NPR wrote an article that lent itself to "Bernie is like Trump" and stirred up Bernie/Hillary fighting. What got lost in all that? The fact Amazon pays nothing in tax because we absurdly let businesses write carry their losses forward.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Jimayo

Jimayo
1 week ago#86
The fact that you can't acknowlede 16 dishonest smear pieces in 16 hours by wapo speaks volumes about your lack of character. lightshill could not possibly be a more honest name for you.
261 - More troll food than any other board on the net.
What the right sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYqF_BtIwAU

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 week ago#87
Torgo posted...
Triad posted...
Bernie Sanders and his supporters handle criticism a lot worse than everyone else and don't realize they were treated with kid gloves last time.

Whatever you need to tell yourself...

No, Sanders is actually an objectively better candidate based on the stuff people claim they want IE: not beholden to special interests, doesn't flip flop, fights for his constituents....

But that's why the media ultimately try to ignore him or dismiss him, and then ONLY ask tough questions about progressive policies. These media conglomerates have wealthy owners and shareholders...they pay other politicians good money to ensure they pay no taxes, get subsidies, relax regulations, and socialize the losses and operating costs...Bernie is committed to fighting that and they will not stand for it.

But whatever...pretend he's being treated better because they haven't been able to find an effective means to destroy him and he's remained scandal free and takes responsibility for himself and for his campaign subordinates...

When someone is actually morally and ethically better it may appear they get special treatment.

For the record, you could say Warren has been treated with "kid gloves" as well, mostly because (like Bernie) she's very clean.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Triad

Triad
1 week ago#88
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...

Negative coverage sells. That's the core issue with media. However, I think it is interesting that - merely by focusing on Bernie's criticism of WaPo - NPR wrote an article that lent itself to "Bernie is like Trump" and stirred up Bernie/Hillary fighting. What got lost in all that? The fact Amazon pays nothing in tax because we absurdly let businesses write carry their losses forward.

I mean, I think you're right that a big issue got lost in the shuffle, but I think Bernie has some responsibility in that. Even given that the media is full of s***, maybe he could try to not give them something to chew on, though admittedly it's hard to avoid.
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

User Info: TheFuzz3451

TheFuzz3451
1 week ago#89
Triad posted...
Jimayo posted...
ITT: A bunch of "liberals" who cry fake news whenever queen hillary was unfairly smeared by right wing sources(and she was) say that it's not ok for bernie to call out dishonest coverage of him.

Nobody said he couldn't call out dishonest coverage, though.

Which is exactly what he did yesterday
You're only as sick as your secrets, but the truth shall set you free.
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.

User Info: Starks

Starks
1 week ago#90
Coverage of Sanders has been fair.

The constant victimhood is toxic. Stop treating opinion pieces as news.
This space for rent
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Bernie goes full Trump on Amazon/Bezos/WaPo.