This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Bernie goes full Trump on Amazon/Bezos/WaPo.

User Info: Triad

Triad
1 week ago#71
AndreLeGeant posted...
LightSnake posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...
What's funny is how high Bernie's unfavorables are, given the line of criticism over the supposed intensity of Warren supporters. Bernie and his fans are who actually turn people off. But yeah, project away, good luck with that.

I don’t think Bernie necessarily turns anyone off. And I can’t imagine anyone white-knighting for Bezos

The second part of your sentence seems like a non sequitur...and yes, Bernie does turn people off.

It isn’t. Bernie attacked Bezos. If you’re attacking Bernie for doing so, you’re defending Bezos. Moreover, Bernie’s actual point is that Amazon pays no taxes, and he thinks Bezos uses WaPo to defend himself.

LightSnake posted...
https://twitter.com/charliearchy/status/1113978264974807041

Bernie Sanders is receiving the most positive media coverage of all the Democratic candidates for president

i suppose it makes me 'anti-Bernie' to say that and source a study on it.

That’s not WaPo though.

Which also employs Elizabeth Bruenig, David Weigel, Jeff Stein and Katrina vanden Heuvel who write pro-Bernie articles all the time.

There is a good conversation to have about how the media treats Democrats more harshly for little things that Trump gets away with on a daily basis. But that’s not Bernie’s argument. He thinks he's being singled out and attacked.

My point is that Bernie singled out WaPo. You posted a study that's broader than WaPo. So one point doesn't really relate to the other. You mentioned a handful of writers at WaPo, but you don't have direct evidence to compare and contrast to anti-Bernie reporting there. It would be interesting to see such a study looking also at the prominence with which articles are featured, whether they're captioned as opinion or news, etc.

More interesting would be to see how often WaPo runs anti-Amazon stories or other stories potentially hurtful to Bezos.

Bernie Sanders and his supporters handle criticism a lot worse than everyone else and don't realize they were treated with kid gloves last time. If they think this is bad, just f***in wait, and this is how it works for everyone. I'm just going to laugh at all the complaining because of how naive of it is, but anyone who knows better is being an ass*** for pretending like it's some aberration and a conspiracy against poor old Bernie. Just f***in read some of the s*** they put out there about Clinton last time. Bernie people would have an aneurysm if it were him.
"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DullPython

DullPython
1 week ago#72
Torgo posted...
DullPython posted...
Torgo posted...
DullPython posted...
NewDarkAges posted...
There 100% is a media conspiracy against Bernie and the policies that he endorses (MC4A, tuition free public colleges, student loan debt forgiveness, Green New Deal etc.

What’s that conspiracy?

I’m curious because they really like taking about all of those programs you listed

Do you actually watch media outside of Fox news?

I think a lot of people on the right make assumptions about the networks that aren't far right enough because they are "socially liberal" in a pandering way...but they sure as hell aren't for any progressive ideas that might help someone besides the rich and their shareholders.

The only discussion of Medicare for all is to have "experts" on to ask "how will he pay for it"...that's it.

Cable news is funded by advertisers, and there is lot of bad skin and penis pills to sell during the breaks.

No, I definitely just watch Fox News.

You’re of the opinion that you should never question policy I see. That’s healthy.

Nice reductive fallacy...

They don't ask how we pay for wars, they don't ask how we pay for tax cuts to the rich which the libs were 100% right on. Where were those libs when Mitch and Donnie weree telling us they would pay for themselves...?

Not on CNN not on MSNBC...okay maybe Chris Hayes had a guy on...

I'm all for "questioning" policy, but the corporate mainstream media ONLY question left/progressive policy. More war, more bailouts, more tax cuts...no problem!

That's fair - the media should hold the republicans feet to the fire when it comes to their spending habits also.

That said, Bernie's policies are new. New things are questioned. That's not abnormal at all.
Modded for calling someone a glass pane (flaming), for saying a topic headline was stupid (trolling) and that a show was an abortion (offensive to abortions?)
LightSnake posted...
Lots of posts

He literally never said ALL Mexicans are those things. He says they’re “sending rapists and some, I imagine, are good people.”

Unless you’re going to tell me he thinks rapists are good people, you’re wrong and also victim to the media. (Inb4 “nice people on both sides”)

Not to mention when he called MS-13 “animals” and suddenly “he called all Mexicans animals!”

Personal opinion is fine - I don’t care if anyone believes him or not, all I want is accurate media reporting. It’s hilarious people think we’ve gotten that.

Triad
1 week ago#74
AndreLeGeant posted...
Triad posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
https://i.imgtc.ws/RBKHxrm.jpg

Agreed

Um...they're comparing statements regarding ulterior motives with the coverage, not the reasons for them not liking Bezos. They are different things. Come on guys, this isn't hard to understand.

Yet... you don't seem to understand the point being made. Bernie's complaint is that someone very power and wealthy controls a major newspaper (on top of the other bad stuff Bezos does). Trump's complaint is that the media shouldn't criticize him at all, and he's jealous of Bezos.

Not only do I understand that, I think it's obviously woven into what I just said, but Bernie is implying that the coverage is negative because he criticizes Bezos. That's the entire reason behind the controversy.

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
1 week ago#75
The Young Turks are not a good source for news. There's a good conversation to be had about the media and corporate strangleholds, and how bad it became when news began to be profitable.

But Cenk Uygur is not someone who's going to solve that, nor is his network a good source.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

Triad
1 week ago#76
BreakevenCloud posted...
LightSnake posted...
Lots of posts

He literally never said ALL Mexicans are those things. He says they’re “sending rapists and some, I imagine, are good people.”

Unless you’re going to tell me he thinks rapists are good people, you’re wrong and also victim to the media. (Inb4 “nice people on both sides”)

Not to mention when he called MS-13 “animals” and suddenly “he called all Mexicans animals!”

Personal opinion is fine - I don’t care if anyone believes him or not, all I want is accurate media reporting. It’s hilarious people think we’ve gotten that.

Dude, saying he didn't say every single Mexicon is a rapist or a criminal, and some weren't is probably the weakest cover for this I could possibly imagine. Or the weakest counter to the idea that the media was correct in calling out what he said.

The media would be irresponsible to not say he hated immigrants after saying merely some of the Mexicans coming here weren't pieces of s***.

User Info: Jimayo

Jimayo
1 week ago#77
ITT: A bunch of "liberals" who cry fake news whenever queen hillary was unfairly smeared by right wing sources(and she was) say that it's not ok for bernie to call out dishonest coverage of him.
261 - More troll food than any other board on the net.
What the right sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYqF_BtIwAU

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 week ago#78
Triad posted...
Bernie Sanders and his supporters handle criticism a lot worse than everyone else and don't realize they were treated with kid gloves last time. If they think this is bad, just f***in wait, and this is how it works for everyone. I'm just going to laugh at all the complaining because of how naive of it is, but anyone who knows better is being an ass*** for pretending like it's some aberration and a conspiracy against poor old Bernie. Just f***in read some of the s*** they put out there about Clinton last time. Bernie people would have an aneurysm if it were him.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I'm really over 2016, but there's just a lot of anger in this post without any point beyond "But Hillary!"

As for TYT, I liked them at one point then lost all interest. They get a little too conspiratorial to fill time.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
1 week ago#79
Jimayo posted...
ITT: A bunch of "liberals" who cry fake news whenever queen hillary was unfairly smeared by right wing sources(and she was) say that it's not ok for bernie to call out dishonest coverage of him.

Sanders receives, broadly, some of the most popular coverage around.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

Triad
1 week ago#80
Jimayo posted...

Nobody said he couldn't call out dishonest coverage, though.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Bernie goes full Trump on Amazon/Bezos/WaPo.