This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. "Trump's the most racist POTUS since..." is a pointless distraction.

User Info: Villain_S_Fiend

Villain_S_Fiend
1 month ago#1
Is Donald Trump demonstrably racist? Yes. There are decades of words and actions that show him to be unquestionably racist.

That's it. That's as far as that needs to go, and from there the discussion is what to do about a racist president. We're letting apologists and defenders manage the conversation when we engage in comparing Trump to past presidents; it moves the conversation to that past president, and then Trump's racism goes effectively unaddressed, because irrelevant details become the focus.

"Trump isn't as racist as..." diminishes the perceived severity of Trump's racism.

"Trump is more racist than..." isn't necessary to make the case that his racism is problematic.
The food here is awful. My steak was so tough, halfway through my meal it got up and attacked my coffee and the coffee was too weak to defend itself.

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
1 month ago#2
You're right, it is a distraction. No one is talking about him calling a literal child rapist a "terrific guy" anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. "Trump's the most racist POTUS since..." is a pointless distraction.
  • Topic Archived